Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Address on Response Cards?

I have already ordered my invitations, including response cards and envelopes, and they came pre-printed with my current address. However, I am now buying a home, and the closing date will be one month before the wedding. I could easily get new response card envelopes, but I am at a loss as to which address I put on them. Should I put my current address in case people send them in early or my address as it will be after May 3rd? Or do I leave them blank and if so how do I let people know where to send them?
I've been lurking for a while but this is my first official question asked :)
Thanks so much!

EDIT: Title was worded incorrectly

Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent

Re: Address on Response Cards?

• Options
    I had the same issue.  The way my H and I solved the problem was that we had the response cards mailed to my parents house.  Each day my Mom and I would talk about who responded so I could update my guest list and to make note of who did and did not RSVP.

• Options
    Could you have them sent elsewhere like your parents house? That's what we are doing since we kind of limbo with our home as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I will most likely have them sent to my mom's house, it's the house I grew up in and doubtful she'll be moving before the wedding! Thankfully I have a few more weeks before I have to officially decide though!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • Options

We were in a very similar situation: closed 3 weeks prior to the wedding; moved 2 weeks prior.  BUT our lease didn't end until after the wedding, so I just swung by every day to get the mail.  I didn't want to risk anything getting lost in the shuffle of a forward so I didn't submit the mail forward until after the RSVP deadline.

If that's not an option I think a parent's address is a good choice.  I'd put the same address on the return for the invitation itself

Also - just want to make sure you're talking about the main address on the response envelope, not the return address since that's what the title says.  I feel like I heard a story about someone accidentally pre-printing the return address rather than the main....

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_return-address-on-response-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb7fa34a-1515-48d2-bdea-3601e5e04646Post:b422426d-5916-407b-a114-24145cf272a4">Re: Return Address on Response Cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were in a very similar situation: closed 3 weeks prior to the wedding; moved 2 weeks prior.  BUT our lease didn't end until after the wedding, so I just swung by every day to get the mail.  I didn't want to risk anything getting lost in the shuffle of a forward so I didn't submit the mail forward until after the RSVP deadline. If that's not an option I think a parent's address is a good choice.  I'd put the same address on the return for the invitation itself <strong>Also - just want to make sure you're talking about the main address on the response envelope, not the return address since that's what the title says.  I feel like I heard a story about someone accidentally pre-printing the return address rather than the main....
    </strong>Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

Per the bolded - we actually used our address for the main mailing as well as the return, that way the only address on them was ours.  It gave a little more security that they would show up.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_return-address-on-response-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cb7fa34a-1515-48d2-bdea-3601e5e04646Post:b422426d-5916-407b-a114-24145cf272a4">Re: Return Address on Response Cards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were in a very similar situation: closed 3 weeks prior to the wedding; moved 2 weeks prior.  BUT our lease didn't end until after the wedding, so I just swung by every day to get the mail.  I didn't want to risk anything getting lost in the shuffle of a forward so I didn't submit the mail forward until after the RSVP deadline. If that's not an option I think a parent's address is a good choice.  I'd put the same address on the return for the invitation itself Also - just want to make sure you're talking about the main address on the response envelope, not the return address since that's what the title says.  I feel like I heard a story about someone accidentally pre-printing the return address rather than the main....
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, my mistake. The main address is what I meant!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards