North Carolina
Options

ceremony/reception site help!!

I cannot seem to find a location that lets us bring out own food, is less that $500, isnt already booked up, and has somewhere for me to get ready.  Im looking in the raleigh/holly springs area.  my wedding is in May so i need to reserve a place soon. Any ideas????

Re: ceremony/reception site help!!

• Options
    allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some people have suggested Raleigh Parks & Rec. Or Wake County P & R. I don't really know much about them though, sorry!
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Check out the JC Raulston Arboretum if you haven't already. It's $500 for 4 hours in the garden or on the rooftop, and it'll be gorgeous in May. Bonus- they don't have any preferred vendors!http://www.ncsu.edu/jcraulstonarboretum/reserve_a_garden/reserve_a_garden.html
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The Tucker House! It's $325/4 hours.  They don't have any restrictions about vendors - your family can even do the food if you want. They have enough tables & chairs to seat about 50 people inside the house. The negatives: they don't allow dancing in the house; they don't allow tents; you have to have a pretty tiny guest list. Call Elaine at 831-6009 if you're interested. She was super nice when I talked to her.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also - Bass Lake Park & Retreat Center. It's a little more than $500 but definitely less than most places and it looks nice on the website. It's less if you live in Holly Springs, too. And - Lake Johnson Waterfront Program Center. Not sure about cost but I'd assume it's similar to Bass Lake.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's the Lochmere Highlands Club in Cary. I've never been inside, but it's $400 to non-members. The Kildaire Farms Club is around $700 for non-members, but less for members. No clue on whether there's a place to get ready there. The Page-Walker Center in Cary is another place to look. May end up being slightly more than $500, but it's definitely on the inexpensive side of local venues.
  • Options
    bluegirl0815bluegirl0815 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have tried almost every park in wake county and they are either booked or do not have somewhere to have the reception.  Im running out of options! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards