Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friday!! ::bounce::

I'm soooo glad it's Friday! It's been one heck of a week!

Plans for the weekend, kiddos?
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: Friday!! ::bounce::

• Options
    YAY!  Me too!

H has to work tonight, so I'm going to go visit my dad.  He just had major back surgery, so he likes it when we come out to sit with him.  Tomorrow H and I both have off (and I refuse to bring work home tomorrow), so we might go get his hair cut and then just relax.  Sunday H has to work, so I'll probably be working from home.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    TGIF..........that is all.
  • Options
    We'll probably *finally* take the Christmas tree down.  I know, I know, but we just didn't have time before we left for Sweden, and I've been too sick to feel like messing with it before now.
  • Options
    Betrothed, that sounds like a lovely weekend! Hi, by the way! I feel like we haven't chatted in awhile. ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Momo, has your mucus at least decreased throughout the week?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Hooray!  This week has crawled.

Not much.  Tomorrow I'm going to return the one china piece we got for the wedding before it was discontinued, and Sunday I'm running an indoor underground 10K. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Amoro - you're so stunning in your siggy that I never even noticed your husband in the background.  Cute. 
  • Options
    HI Fische!  We haven't chatted much lately and it makes me a sad panda.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I am sooo glad it is Friday. I am in need for sleeping!

This weeken... finalizing all the wedding cake info and meeting up with college roomies in new hampshire for lunch.

I am so jealous of many of you getting so much snow :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-bounce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cccebcbd-8f46-433e-b425-600d4177f440Post:61ac43ed-aadc-4028-a46e-da88b68b2136">Re: Friday!! ::bounce::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Momo, has your mucus at least decreased throughout the week?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

HA!  Yes, it's at bearable levels now, thankfully.  Not gone yet though and it's making me antsy for it to be GONE.

Thanks Stack! :D He was a pro at letting me be the star that day. lol
  • Options
    Brie, dude. That's awesome.

I'm taking my best buddy away for the weekend. She's stressed to the max, so we're going to get out of town and have a spa day and drink copious amounts of wine.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Kk, you can have ours.  We couldn't go faster than 40 miles an hour on the highway this morning.  It sucked, and I'm sure the people in the 5 cars I saw in the ditches would agree.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Hellooo!  No plans tonight but tomorrow I am going to a birthday party for my best girlfriend out here, which will be tons of fun and great to see some other mutual friends I haven't seen in a while.

I am also beyond excited because last night my bff from MN booked her plane ticket to come visit me in March!
  • Options
    Kate, I didn't recognize you with your handsome dog in your sig!

Your BFF lives in MN? Why are you not visiting HER. HUH!?!?!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Looking forward to getting some rest...we've both been absolutely drained and it sucks. That and cleaning house some--so much piled up in the week or two before the wedding and we're just now dealing with it.
  • Options
    Ooh, and we get to go spend some of our gift cards tomorrow. Yay for new flatware!
  • Options
    I also need someone with HR experience who would want to look at a cover letter I just wrote for the first job I'm applying to in YEARS.  I'm so nervous and I want this job, badly.

anyone?
  • Options
    bethrothed- ny is close but yet it's not coming:(
  • Options
    HI! Happy Friday Fische! (and everyone)

I spent 3 hours last night trying to get my heat to work. The fuckingfucktard who refilled my oil yesterday didn't put the cap back on the tank properly, and all the pressure dissipated. Meaning, I had tons of oil sitting in the tank and NONE in the line. I had to call my cousin's husband, which just pissed me off (I loathe not being able to do something by myself). We FINALLY got the tank re-pressurized and the heat came on at 9pm. My house was 52 degrees at that time. UGH.

J is supposed to take Chloe and I to the circus tonight, but we are expecting ice and snow to start around 6pm, so now I'm scared to drive all the way to him and then get stuck if the bad weather kicks in. Tomorrow is Manda's big birthday dinner, but that won't happen either if we get bad weather. Most of the time I love that little southern towns shut down with even 1" of snow, but this weekend... not so much.
  • Options
    Yea Friday!

Tonight we are meeting at the boat for drinks and then going out to dinner.  H works tomorrow, but Sunday we have the car so we are going to head off exploring somewhere.
  • Options
    Opal, I've never been more tired and exhausted in my life as I was after our wedding.

Getting married is tiring.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Bec! I've missed you too! I feel so disconnected. ANYWAY, I read HEAT and HEART and I was like...uhhh...you were trying to get your own heart to work? Then I got it.

Brrrr.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Good morning all!  I'm so glad it's Friday and so glad I called in sick to work today!  I think I have the flu or something.  I set myself up in bed with the laptop, a computer game, a book, and some hot green tea.

No plans for the weekend at all, which I'm thankful for.  Next weekend will be a busy one so I'd rather be sick this weekend if that's the way it has to be.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-bounce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cccebcbd-8f46-433e-b425-600d4177f440Post:3a44b64d-8882-46a1-9bdb-ffa5f362ad90">Re: Friday!! ::bounce::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate, I didn't recognize you with your handsome dog in your sig! Your BFF lives in MN? Why are you not visiting HER. HUH!?!?!

Teehee.  I figured it might take a while for it to compute without my face in here.

Yes, bff lives in Hopkins :)  I actually did visit her this summer and spent some wonderful time riding rides at the MOA, seeing the cherry on the spoon, and various other northerner activities. 

HOWEVER.  This was before I started posting on (P&)E ;)
  • Options
    Kk- it's because I didn't throw it hard enough.  I didn't account for the fact that the snow might freeze midair because of how cold it is here.  I'll try again.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    IT BETTER HAVE BEEN, or we'd be havin' words.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Aww Bec I hope you don't have to cancel any of your fun plans! :(
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010
    Not a whole lot. Taking care of some of the wedding details.  Sending FI to Men's Wearhouse to see what style of tux he wants. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-bounce?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cccebcbd-8f46-433e-b425-600d4177f440Post:7275eb39-2aa7-4c4c-b02a-81b433f0ddfe">Re: Friday!! ::bounce::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Opal, I've never been more tired and exhausted in my life as I was after our wedding. Getting married is tiring.

SERIOUSLY. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Though the events of this week haven't helped either...I mentioned this in the "life updates" thread, but my advisor basically asked me to trash a year and a half worth of work to take on a new project. It's for the best, but I still feel like I just took a punch to the gut.
  • Options
    Good morning!  It has been an absolutely hellish week at work so I'm really glad it's over.  Going to Don Pablo's for lunch with some of my girls from work so that will be fun at least. 

Weekend should be interesting.  I have my half-sister's Sweet 16 party tomorrow afternoon and then the FIL's Fake New Year's party tomorrow night where I get to get rid of an awful set of crystal stemware in the White Elephant gift exchange :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards