Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding shower.

My fi and I have been living together for almost 2 years. If someone offers to throw a shower I'm not quite sure what the right thing to do would be. There are something items we would like in our home. Just want to be prepared.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding shower.

• Options
    It is okay to accept. Most people who have lived together register for "upgrades' of stuff for the house..
  • Options
    If you are registering for upgrades then accepting the shower is fine. If you are not planning on registering for anything then just politely decline the shower.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    I think you're probably asking because your little pocket of the world is much like mine, in that people are judgy if you have a shower after having lived together, especially if you own a home (like we do).

I was really conflicted about it, but when a shower was offered to be thrown for me, I went with it. I'm still a little concerned abut it, but I've been to a bunch of showers. I didn't ask that one get thrown for me, but when it was offered, I feel like it was ok to accept, and that stigma is going away (it just hasn't made it to my corner of the world yet).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards