Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions

I don't know if anyone else has one, but at least tell me I'm not going to hell.

My confession: Ever since my ex lost his job a while back, I make sure to check his facebook profile once every couple of weeks, at least. It's been over a year and he still hasn't found a job. And I enjoy that.

The same with my former employer who was a psychopath and treated me so terribly that the email sound on iPhones sent me into spasms of terror for months after I fled - I check her and the company's twitter profiles and keep up with former co-workers just because the news of them losing client after client and going under makes my whole day.

Yeah, I'm dwelling. Yeah, I should probably move on. But Schadenfreude is the best kind of freude.

Anyone else stalk exes to glory in their failures? Anyone? Ok, any other confessions, at least?
On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
BabyFruit Ticker
Blog

Re: Confessions

• I do.  I like seeing that I'm way better off than my ex. 

One of my favorite moments of my life is when he called to see "how things were going" and he asked if I was still "with, what's his name?  Nate?"  I said "Nick.  Things are good we're engaged."

There was that long awkward pause that usually I hate, but this time I wasn't the one being awkward. :)
    Photobucket
  • ::raises hand:: My ex just got engaged to someone he met online and then only met once for 3 days. His mom found out on Facebook (and they've always been very close), and she still doesn't know that he's getting married in July (which will only be the 3rd time they'll see each other, ever) and he's 'taking a break' from school to move out to California to be with her. It makes me a smirk a little that I dodged that crazy bullet!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I feel the same way about my old job, they were HORRIBLE people and treated me like garbage and I love finding anything out about their demise. I found out recently the marketing coordinator, who was a total hag but pretty much held that company together, had left. I dont know what happened or if they found a replacement (they had two jobs, sales and marketing, posted online and they disappeared after about a week), but the fact that things are probably royally sucking for them right now makes me happy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:e25a0336-f62f-45ad-b705-ae64525efbc4">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do.  I like seeing that I'm way better off than my ex.  
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

<div>Exxxactly. Living well seriously is the best revenge, as trite as it is. Also, since he and that former employer were the only people ever to treat me so, so terribly, I like to tell myself that if you're mean to me, God will smite you down.</div>
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • I feel like en emotional ball of crazy. The slightest disturbance has sent me into tears the past few days. I'm having some self esteem and anxiety issues I think. Either way, I hate the way I am right now and I can't think of anything to make myself feel better.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I confess that I love your dog.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • edited March 2010
    Oh, I also enjoy looking at all the biitches that were mean to me in high school. Makes me happy that they're fat and stuck in that town and half of them are pregnant/have children with no baby daddy in sight. Makes me feel pretty awesome when they made fun of me for being so poor and ugly. Like you said, success is the best revenge.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I had to call EX yesterday and ask him a question about this weekend with the girls, and I got immense and immediate pleasure in hearing a screaming baby in the background and a shrieking skankwhore. I'm evil. I confess.

I also confess that I feel guilty that DH is spending so much on our furniture tonight and I can't contribute any $$. Every cent I have is going into finishing my remodel so I can sell my house. I still consider it his money and my money until we move in together and combine finances. Not enough guilt to not buy it all tonight, mind you, but guilt nonetheless. :)
  • I just got off of Facebook a few minutes ago doing this.  The worst part is I don't even have a facebook page, I was on my moms page stalking people.  LOL. 

• I happened to run into my ex and his new wife on the weekend.  I enjoyed the fact that he looked much older than he did 5 years ago.  I also thought his new wife looked bitter and unhappy.  My friend thought she was "Ugly.  No.  REALLY ugly."

And this made me feel good.  I am also an awful person.

I'm also eating very healthy this week because next time I happen to run into them, I want to be lighter, because I'm sure they walked by and thought, "Wow, she gained weight" even though I still wear clothes I had when I was with him.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:5a1f1a3d-4b85-4503-9838-5fc42e36702c">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like en emotional ball of crazy. The slightest disturbance has sent me into tears the past few days. I'm having some self esteem and anxiety issues I think. Either way, I hate the way I am right now and I can't think of anything to make myself feel better.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

You clearly need to visit me in NC and use my new Pier 1 wine glasses with the chalkboard paint on them. We can write silly things on them and get drunk and forget all our troubles together. Hurry up!
  • I confess that I want to know who this is:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postpone-suck-up

Because it makes me feel bad if they are a regular and struggling with something like this that they think we're so super mean that we wouldn't try to help.

But I can't say I blame them, because sometimes we are assy.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I refuse to see H's one set of grandparents more than once a year or once in a lifetime events.  Christmas is it for this chicky. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:24f3d9c8-99b9-44e1-974a-671cf65cce4d">Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]But Schadenfreude is the best kind of freude. Anyone else stalk exes to glory in their failures?
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

This is probably way more fvcked up than that, but I occassionally check FI's ex girlfriend's twitter. She and her boyfriend (whom she cheated on FI with) bought a condo. Which makes me jealous, but whatever, I'm younger and cuter. And FI's friends and familiy think I'm more likeable. As in, I actually HAVE a personality.

As it gets closer to the wedding, I secretly hope her updates will be in the realm of, "Oh noes, another one of my exes is getting married, I'm such an old hag." That won't happen, but I can dream.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Ditto Fishy.  I think they would have gotten more feedback if it was someone we knew.  I understand the desire to be nameless, but I also think people are more willing to put thought into someone they already care about.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:1b2f4566-fadd-46c1-911b-a7e0377b2de4">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also confess that I feel guilty that DH is spending so much on our furniture tonight and I can't contribute any $$. Every cent I have is going into finishing my remodel so I can sell my house. I still consider it his money and my money until we move in together and combine finances. <strong>Not enough guilt to not buy it all tonight, mind you, but guilt nonetheless</strong>. :)
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

HAHA, I like that.  Enjoy it - if he doesn't care about the division of money, you have nothing to feel bad about!

I confess that I just can't get it up for work anymore - and I don't know what to do about that.  I'm supposed to be in the middle of my dream career but lately, I've just been blah about it all.  Add to that my general "blah-ness" about life in general, and my guilt over said "blah-ness" since things are technically going marvelous for me, and I just feel like a bad or ungrateful person.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:53dad217-08be-4437-b108-d3c00d26c666">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I happened to run into my ex and his new wife on the weekend.  I enjoyed the fact that he looked much older than he did 5 years ago.  I also thought his new wife looked bitter and unhappy.  My friend thought she was "Ugly.  No.  REALLY ugly." 
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw my ex's wife (engaged less than a month after our brutal break up, no, that's not suspicious at all, dude) comment on his Facebook page repeatedly. While she's not terribly ugly (though HE is and must be topping 300 lbs at this point and NOT carrying it well), she did mess up their/there/they're EVERY SINGLE TIME she wrote them. Oh, I laughed.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • I used to date a guy for a short time that dumped me because he wasn't ready to be in a relationship, then met a girl 2 weeks later and proposed to her a month later. They got married. Then 2 years later I found out that they got a divorce on my actual wedding day. A lot of time had gone by, so it's not like I ever looked him up or cared what he was doing anymore, but it was still satisfying on some level. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't have an ex-boyfriend that I hate enough for this, but I do have an ex friend that I do this with. But I generally then end up feeling bad for her because her life sucks so much. But I guess that's what happens when you are a total bitch to your few real friends.

My confession is that I don't have class on Friday but I think I am going to ask BF's mom to come over and babysit anyway. So that I can sleep. I haven't caught back up on sleep since we came back from CA and I am exhausted and can't get over this cold. But I feel like a lazy bum for having a babysitter so I can nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:61bcaaf8-cfb1-4c06-9f9f-770ec0522ba3">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I also enjoy looking at all the biitches that were mean to me in high school. Makes me happy that they're fat and stuck in that town and half of them are pregnant/have children with no baby daddy in sight. Makes me feel pretty awesome when they made fun of me for being so poor and ugly. Like you said, success is the best revenge.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

What sucks is that all the girls I went to school with look BETTER now than they did in high school. One of my friends just got down to her high school weight (which was like 120) and she has 3 kids. And I get to see them all in 6 weeks...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I just have to say that this can backfire.  I was stalking my ex the other day... and his life seems kind of awesome :(  I mean, my life is awesome, too, but he is married, travels Europe and lives in a cool foreign country.  Bastardassholefuckface.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:b111ea74-7dee-43ad-9c26-b4925fa98ff2">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : You clearly need to visit me in NC and use my new Pier 1 wine glasses with the chalkboard paint on them. We can write silly things on them and get drunk and forget all our troubles together. Hurry up!

I would love nothing more!
  • Stacks, I think it's funny that your mom has FB and you don't.

Fishy, I agree with you.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I e-stalk the woman my ex cheated on me with.  I realize that she me a huge favor -- getting out of that relationship was one of the best decisions of my life! -- but I'm still bitter about the whole thing. 

So, I confess: I laughed -- a lot -- when her MySpace status changed from "married" to "divorced."
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My confession is that my husband has become incredibly selfish and self absorbed since he started working on this stupid comic - we only do what HE wants when he decides to take a break (which I can kind of understand but it still sucks), he rarely "hears" what I tell him so he never remembers I have interviews, ask him to do things or anything else. I told him lastnight it really bothered me that he never even says good luck or asks how my interviews have gone, and he apologized... and then proceeded to NOT wish me luck for my interview today. I know he has a lot on his plate but it still makes me feel like a bag of crap.
  • I don't hate any of my exes.  I am on good terms with most of them, but one won't talk to me because he still has feelings for me and didn't like that I got engaged/married. 

My confession:  I am making an appt with a plastic surgeon for a consultation for lipo.  I have big patches of scar tissue under the skin on my hips as a result of a surgery I had at 13, and you can where it bulges out under my clothes, and I hate it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:633f6cbc-a8af-4938-b0b0-ddf8f5a3a1e0">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I would love nothing more!
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

It's a long weekend. I think you know what you need to be doing right now.

<a href="http://www.usairways.com">www.usairways.com</a>.
  • My college ex doesn't have FB, so no stalking him. Buuuut my brother ran into him this past weekend. Apparently he doesn't have a job and is selling drugs to make a living. Klassy. Also, ex BF's roommate died of a heroin overdose and ex BF found him dead on the couch. No one deserves that and it made me really sad.  Instead of making me feel better about my life though, it makes me feel embarrassed and sad that I wasted so much of my time on him, and I'm just sad for him period.
  • I'm kind of jealous of my BM/BFF from way back.  She's a year younger than I am, but one step ahead on everything--got married first, has an awesome, high-paying job, owns a beautiful home, and now she's pregnant.  I love her and I'm genuinely happy for her because she's awesome and deserves it all, but I hate feeling like I'm one (or, okay, two or three) steps behind her and I'm older.

Also, the food at my shower was kind of gross, except for the cake, but I lied and pretended to love it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:c038c37f-82b7-4f9b-80ff-ca4acecb0f72">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : It's a long weekend. I think you know what you need to be doing right now. <a href="http://www.usairways.com" rel="nofollow">www.usairways.com</a> .

No long weekend for me :( Lawyers don't exaclty observe Good Friday. But the good news is, FI is flying into NOLA Friday and I'm picking him up at the airport and we're spending the weekend in NOLA with another couple. So I think you know what YOU need to be doing :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards