Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:8659eae4-1fc0-49ed-a61a-49ca8f32d6fd">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I really don't want to know how often any of you "hit it."  Nor do I need the details on who wants it more.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Ah sorry wading.

I got nothing.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • edited March 2010
    Oh come on.  All the sex confessions are making me feel bad since I'm th one who is never in the mood anymore.

We were LDR for so long and the sex was always great when we were in foreign exotic land, but now that we're together all the time, I'm just all "eh".

ETA: Sorry Moose, we posted at the same time.  I'll go back to FB stalking confessions :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:9a39d5a2-7871-40cd-a54d-5535a6d60e24">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]It always seems the ladies on here that I admire the most that seem to have the self-esteem issues. I confess that I still occasionally cyberstalk DH's smoking hot ex. She's 7 years younger than me and they were dating (not exclusively, her choice) when DH and I met. He broke up with her 3 weeks later and asked me to date him exclusively a few weeks later. I try not to get insecure about her, but I can't help myself sometimes.  
    Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

BUT he DUMPED self-described "smoking hot" woman to be with you! You must be way hotter/smarter/funnier in comparison. Just remind yourself of that next time you feel not so hot.
  • I'm still on good terms with most of my exes and am glad that they're all doing well. One is in med school, another other recently moved to my hometown with his gf and found another job after he was laid off from the one he had when we were dating.

My confession is I slept in the spare bedroom Monday night. I could NOT deal with FI's snoring.
    Anniversary
  • I have a broken leg and the doctor prescribed me a temporary handicap sticker. it's good till September. I know myself enough to know I'll continue using it even when my leg is healed. even if it's only occasionally, when the parking lot is totally full.

I've also parked in the "expectant mothers" spots at the grocery store when there was nowhere else to park. and I just rubbed my belly a lot to fool people. I don't do that anymore though, I think it's bad juju.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:6e412d48-464e-4bcb-8890-8c2b4618ffdf">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a broken leg and the doctor prescribed me a temporary handicap sticker. it's good till September. I know myself enough to know I'll continue using it even when my leg is healed. even if it's only occasionally, when the parking lot is totally full. I've also parked in the "expectant mothers" spots at the grocery store when there was nowhere else to park. and I just rubbed my belly a lot to fool people. I don't do that anymore though, I think it's bad juju.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the injury. How did you break your leg?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • it's super exciting. you ready for this? I stepped off my deck.

the end.

I have the lamest broken-bone story in the history of the world. I just stepped down wrong or something, and popped my fibula in half. it hurt like a mofo.
  • Thank you so much for all the encouragement. I know it's just teenager crap, and I've even told my friends who are going through it how temporary it all is and how our girls will be nice again one day. I just cannot fathom how I became Manda's mortal enemy in literally 24 hours after she turned 18. Every single move I make is ruining her life and trying to run it at the same time. I've taken the stance that I will offer an opinion only after she graduates HS, and she'll get neither approval nor permission from me after that. I've clearly defined what I will and will not pay for, so the decision is all hers. Then she tells me I'm not helping her figure it out. WTF?

LOL I want to give up and run away until she's 25.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:bba23f38-285a-43df-9349-1220dde7ff61">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that my life is really boring right now and I have nothing to confess. Other than I was praying that our sex life would get better after getting married, but it hasn't. The sex is better, but the frequency sucks.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]

Um...okay, this is bad and I'm probably opening myself up for a lot of criticism....but I confess that I haven't had sex with FI in a month...I think...I lost track.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:0bad6209-b4a6-401d-a4e4-7cf369588132">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's super exciting. you ready for this? I stepped off my deck. the end. I have the lamest broken-bone story in the history of the world. I just stepped down wrong or something, and popped my fibula in half. it hurt like a mofo.

Anticlimactic as it may be, that sounds fucking painful. Here's to a speedy recovery and good narcotics :)
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:6e412d48-464e-4bcb-8890-8c2b4618ffdf">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a broken leg and the doctor prescribed me a temporary handicap sticker. it's good till September. I know myself enough to know I'll continue using it even when my leg is healed. even if it's only occasionally, when the parking lot is totally full. I've also parked in the "expectant mothers" spots at the grocery store when there was nowhere else to park. and I just rubbed my belly a lot to fool people. I don't do that anymore though, I think it's bad juju.

Yikes! Sorry about your leg.

I don't think there should even be expectant mother parking. You're pregnant, not disabled. There's no law for it; it's just a courtesy. I wouldn't feel a damn bit bad about parking there. We only have it at Babys R Us, and I wouldn't walk into that damn place if they were giving away bags of solid gold, but I'd park in that spot at the grocery store, no doubt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:24f3d9c8-99b9-44e1-974a-671cf65cce4d">Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if anyone else has one, but at least tell me I'm not going to hell. My confession: Ever since my ex lost his job a while back, I make sure to check his facebook profile once every couple of weeks, at least. It's been over a year and he still hasn't found a job. And I enjoy that. The same with my former employer who was a psychopath and treated me so terribly that the email sound on iPhones sent me into spasms of terror for months after I fled - I check her and the company's twitter profiles and keep up with former co-workers just because the news of them losing client after client and going under makes my whole day. Yeah, I'm dwelling. Yeah, I should probably move on. But Schadenfreude is the best kind of freude. Anyone else stalk exes to glory in their failures? Anyone? Ok, any other confessions, at least?
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

It's not quite the same, but I stalk my ex-roommate on FB.  Two years ago, after I kicked him out for not paying rent (and for attacking me and my girlfriends while drunk/high), he broke into my apartment on Christmas Eve when I was at my parents' house.  He and some of his buddies made off with almost everything valuable that belonged to me and my two roommates. 

We knew he did it, but we couldn't prove it, and the police in town did jack to help us out.  I still check his FB profile occasionally, to make sure he's nowhere near me. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I confess that I told FI he had to get some kind of job soon because I'm going to go insane if I have to keep getting up and going to this job that is sucking out my soul day after day while he sits at home.  I feel bad because I know he doesn't like being unemployed and I don't want to be a nag, but our good friend (his best man) Phil is a teacher so he has the summers off and would have FI out on the boat every day and if I had to work while they did that I would really lose it.

And Bec, you're an amazing mom.  My mom and I are super super close, but we had our moments when I was a teenager.  And I can tell you I regret every time I told her I hated her or told her she was ruining my life (and I've told her that!)  So one day she'll realize.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:83f66c86-de08-40fd-8c6b-4659c17feeea">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Yikes! Sorry about your leg. I don't think there should even be expectant mother parking. <strong>You're pregnant, not disabled</strong>. There's no law for it; it's just a courtesy. I wouldn't feel a damn bit bad about parking there. We only have it at Babys R Us, and I wouldn't walk into that damn place if they were giving away bags of solid gold, but I'd park in that spot at the grocery store, no doubt.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I really disliked it when people treated me like I was disabled and delicate. It's not like millions of women get pregnant each year or something... *eyeroll*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:ede82b4a-6a2a-422e-b6f6-7b0563220cf7">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I do the same thing. I didn't really associate myself with many people in my high schoo but for some reason, a lot of people seems to know who I am and sends me a friend request on Facebook. But yeah, everyone is still stuck in <strong>San Jose,</strong> have a job that does not pay much and still live with their parents. I'm disappointed with many of my classmates.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

San Jose, CA? That is where I grew up!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited March 2010
    Apple, I had something similar happen (a break-in) but it was a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend whom I had met once. I will bet my life on it. And I could never prove it, of course. :-( That's what happened to my first Vaio laptop.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I have two:

First, our lap top has been broken for almost a week now and I've realized how much I've neglected my life to be online. I miss being online at night, but I think having the lap top break was the best thing for my family right now.

Second, I found a super secret file the other day that had proof that my ex husband was cheating on me. It really sucked. Mainly because I realize now that my entire office knew about it before I did.
  • Confession: Even though I was the one that ended things with my ex, I still like to know what's happening in his life. Maybe it's because I'm nosey. But I recently saw that he is dating a new girl and I felt happy that I am prettier than she is. I don't know why it matters. Maybe it's because he was such an ass to me and I made a point of telling him I was the best thing that would ever happen to him? I should grow up and not care.
  • Second, I found a super secret file the other day that had proof that my ex husband was cheating on me. It really sucked. Mainly because I realize now that my entire office knew about it before I did.

WHOA Cew - that's heavy!  I'm sorry.
  • Amy - You are a super awesome smoking hot lady, so give yourself more credit :)

Lala - If it makes you feel better, one of my coworkers once stepped off a sidewalk curb and shattered her leg in 8 places. She had to have multiple surgeries, took 8 months to heal, and now her leg is shorter than the healthy one. She started making up crazy stories on how it was broken because "I stepped off a curb" was not exciting.

My confession - I get really incredibly jealous of the ladies on my ttc board who received bfp's last month. Especially the one who moved into a new house 2 weeks after marriage, and then got the bfp the first month off birth control when "we weren't even trying, teehee". Don't tell a board of people who have been trying for a while, some over 2 years, something like that. (Obviously this does not apply to any of the ladies on this board, I am super excited for you guys).

I also confess that I had an emotional moment at my friends house the other day. One of my friends had written "Don't have kids for at least 5 years k?" on my facebook the day that I miscarried (super early miscarriage, wouldn't have known if it weren't for charting) and I started crying. I also learned that the friend whose house I was at was much more interested in my life than I realized, which was really a great thing.
  • one of my coworkers once stepped off a sidewalk curb and shattered her leg in 8 places. She had to have multiple surgeries, took 8 months to heal, and now her leg is shorter than the healthy one.

holy shiit! that's crazy! poor thing.

one of my BMs was sitting on her couch when her husband came in. she turned to look at him and fractured her neck.
  • Cew, did you and your ex work together?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:dbcf4ffb-6be6-48c4-8ea7-a76854a67e45">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy - You are a super awesome smoking hot lady, so give yourself more credit :) Lala - If it makes you feel better, one of my coworkers once stepped off a sidewalk curb and shattered her leg in 8 places. She had to have multiple surgeries, took 8 months to heal, and now her leg is shorter than the healthy one. She started making up crazy stories on how it was broken because "I stepped off a curb" was not exciting. My confession - I get really incredibly jealous of the ladies on my ttc board who received bfp's last month. Especially the one who moved into a new house 2 weeks after marriage, and then got the bfp the first month off birth control when "we weren't even trying, teehee". Don't tell a board of people who have been trying for a while, some over 2 years, something like that. (Obviously this does not apply to any of the ladies on this board, I am super excited for you guys). I also confess that I had an emotional moment at my friends house the other day. One of my friends had written "Don't have kids for at least 5 years k?" on my facebook the day that I miscarried (super early miscarriage, wouldn't have known if it weren't for charting) and I started crying. I also learned that the friend whose house I was at was much more interested in my life than I realized, which was really a great thing.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

OMG Katie I am so sorry.
  • Lala - if it makes you feel better I once broke my big toe putting on pants.  It wasn't a story I told if I didn't have to.  LOL.  Do you have a cast or one of those boot things? 
  • edited March 2010

CEW, how do you know they knew? That sucks and I'm sorry. 

I'm with Fische. I wonder who the person struggling with anorexia and depression is, and wish they didn't feel that they had to hide their identity over it.

• I have an unrelated confession: I confess that H and I are considering 'upgrading' the house we've only had for a year. We ADORE our house, but we've come by one with more land closer to the city, in an upmarket area, that is well-priced. It would be an extra $200,000 on the mortgage, but for 4 times the land size and a newer house, which is appealing to me as it'd be less work to renovate/maintain. 

I'm not sure I want a mortgage of the size it would end up being, though, but I'm entertaining the idea at least to the point of looking at the house to see if we want to explore it further... hmm. 

• It was an investigation file on an incident and it contained emails that he had sent to this woman (we all work for the same company). The file itself was created by my boss, so I'm sure he knew. Also, it was a pretty high profile case at the time, so I'm pretty sure they all discussed it. Not in a bad way, but we always discuss our investigations so that we can learn from each other.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cf333eaf-c26b-4f23-8fd9-50bf18e5dd54Post:24f3d9c8-99b9-44e1-974a-671cf65cce4d">Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if anyone else has one, but at least tell me I'm not going to hell. My confession: Ever since my ex lost his job a while back, I make sure to check his facebook profile once every couple of weeks, at least. It's been over a year and he still hasn't found a job. And I enjoy that. The same with my former employer who was a psychopath and treated me so terribly that the email sound on iPhones sent me into spasms of terror for months after I fled - I check her and the company's twitter profiles and keep up with former co-workers just because the news of them losing client after client and going under makes my whole day. Yeah, I'm dwelling. Yeah, I should probably move on. But Schadenfreude is the best kind of freude. <strong>Anyone else stalk exes to glory in their failures? Anyone? </strong>Ok, any other confessions, at least?
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

I do occasionally. A little back story: Ex an I were high school sweethearts and together for almost 4 years. I transferred colleges and moved across the country after he asked me to. Got there in August, we were broken up by November. I found out he was sleeping with my roommate after they had repeatedly lied to my face about it. I warned him about her... she is a real gem. But no, it was "different" with them. Okay. Fast forward 8 months and I meet Fi. Almost 3 years later I hear Ex and old roomie lasted about a year and broke up because she was screwing around on him. He graduated college, moved home, and has no motivation to get a job whatsoever. His friends tell me he's still bitter about "how things went down".... but I'm not :)
  • Lala- I broke the top of my foot by kicking myself. True story. Went tubing on a boat, hit a big wake and when I came down, the heel of my left foot slammed on the top of my right foot and broke the little bones. I had to explain to the doctor that I kicked myself. He laughed. Asshat.
  • Do we need to start a thread on "stupid ways we've hurt ourselves?"

I think my pride and joy was still the box story. Ex tossed a thin paper box in my general direction, somehow it hit my forehead just right to cause massive bleeding. I still don't know how that happened.

Oh, and I once popped a blood vessel in my finger while counting money...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards