Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: ~ ~TMI inside ~ ~

• Eww, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza recently.
    Photobucket
  • Hi  OOT..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Not looking, not looking, not looking...

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• lynda!   I was just thinking about you this afternoon when I heard the storm news.

How the hell are you?
  • Tired, my body hurts like hell, trees down, power is out at home but overall can't complain to much because we really dodged a bullet.  We are still under curfew tonight though.

The BVI's got hit pretty by.  Word on the street is Bomba Shack in Tortola is no longer. Anegda got pounded.  It's so flat and open I can't imagine how bad it looks up there. 

I hear we may get power tomorrow.  Let's hope.  I'm tired of the hotel. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • that's terrible.

That registry has two apartments out of 852 in my building but I'm still calling an exterminator
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tmi-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d0c8cfb8-caae-40f2-97f6-74c698c39ddfPost:d423001d-faee-4a7e-92dc-4ed9af78996d">Re: ~ ~TMI inside ~ ~</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ~ ~TMI inside ~ ~ : Wow, Bomba Shack is gone. Stay safe, Lynda.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

That is the rumor.  The winds were coming from the west and it faces west and well as you know not a very secure buliding.  I'm not surprised if that is not a true rumor.

• No reports in my town! :D
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • OMG. When we were traveling in Europe, i wouldn't let H put anything on the bed until I ripped the sheets up and checked the seams in the mattress.  I know they can hide other places, but at least I tried to check.

I'd love to see a map like this for Europe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Seven years ago, I had a bedbug infestation in my apartment downstairs.  I had no idea that bedbugs were even around anymore!

My dermatologist was the one to give me the bad news.  As it turned out, the management was renovating the apartment across the hall and the former long term tenant had many animals and was pretty dirty in general (although bedbugs don't mean dirty at all)

I hired an entimologist (sp?) and he worked with me for two weeks to get rid of the problem.  Pylethiumed the entire place, sent everything out to be cleaned, plastic bagged & heated everything, put bug zappers everwhere, etc.  Finally they were gone.

It was a good six months before I could sleep again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards