Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Destination-ish Wedding Question

FI and I are getting married in Narragansett, RI.  Its a small new england beach town about 30 miles from where we live.  It's relatively destination-y for everyone.  People will be traveling from Boston, the cape, Upstate NY, California, and a few other states.  Our RD is really more of a welcome party, and we're having a brunch the morning after the wedding.

Because so many people are traveling long distances, whether by plane or car, to the wedding, we're inviting everyone to the party the night before and brunch the morning after.  All this info was on the STD.   People from Boston and the cape are about 50/50 on coming the night before the wedding based on who's booked hotel rooms in our room blocks.

I had intended to include RSVP's for the wedding, welcome party, and brunch altogether thinking it would be easier for our guests to RSVP just once.  Is this ok?  Should we do a separate mailing for the other "events"?  

Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Destination-ish Wedding Question

• Options
    I recently attended a wedding that had 3 days of events: a cocktail meet-n-greet one night, a lowcountry boil another night, and then the wedding. We only received an official wedding invite. Information for the other parties was on another card in the invitation and no RSVP was required. If you are looking for a head count, maybe you can ask people as they call in to RSVP whether they are coming in early enough for the rehearsal and staying for the breakfast?
  • Options
    We did not put the RD or brunch info on our invitations.  I believe FMIL is operating off of word of mouth for the brunch.  I *think* she's planning on doing RD invitations but I'm afraid to ask.  She gets stressed easily and we still have some time before we need to send those out.  I will bring it up once our RSVPs are clear.
  • Options
    I would personally do different invitations for each event, if you need a headcount.  Even if you don't, it's nice for people to get separate mailings because it sort of gives them a firmer sense of what they are invited to (even if it's everything for everybody).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I would send separate invites for head counts. 

p.s. I love your picture? Is your wedding at the towers?
  • Options
    We had a tri-fold card with each invitation that included invitations to welcome dinner and brunch, as well as directions and accomodations information.  We put the other two events on the RSVP card.  We thought it was simpler for people.  

You should also consider who is hosting each event, and if they will want to receive RSVPs themselves or send out their own invitations.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_destination-ish-wedding-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d19b4ca3-fde6-461d-b111-8361476450d0Post:d901a238-858f-4198-b92c-957be065da39">Re: Destination-ish Wedding Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would send separate invites for head counts.  p.s. I love your picture? Is your wedding at the towers?
    Posted by jennyd412[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>It is!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks for the input everyone!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards