Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Whine and vent

I know it's the day before Thanksgiving and I should be thankful and all that but my day is sucking.  And it's only 2:30pm.  Quick recap (yes, I know, this may not seem like a lot, but today, it is.  And I know there's a lot worse that could happen, I just need to get this crap off my chest):

1. Talk to the head of HR today about the position I'm supposed to be moving into in February.  Her advice now (different from 3 weeks ago) is to put my resume together and start looking elsewhere for a job.  So, I've been working my butt off for almost 2 years for the promise of a better job which now may never happen. 

2. Go to Whole Foods to pick up our turkey breast and last minute stuff.  Send DH with my order to pick up the breast.  While we've in line to check out, I notice it's $30 more than it was supposed to be.  So, I have to go back to the meat place and get them to understand that's not OK.  Yes, condescending meat guy, I understand that was just an estimate but a $30 difference is not even close to the estimate.  For that much money, I would have bought an actual turkey. 

Of course, by the time I get them to understand this DH has checked out and has to go back to exchange our breast for another. 

3. While I'm waiting for him, I discover I've lost one of my earrings.  The earrings I wore on my wedding day.  Not expensive, just sentimental.

Oh, and then they tried charging us for the original turkey breast again.

I'm opening the wine now.

Re: Whine and vent

• Options
    Drink up, Julez. You deserve it. I'm sorry about the meat and the earring, but mostly I am very upset with your HR person. WTF is going on with that??
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Just think that you're getting all of the crap out of the way TODAY so that TOMORROW is nothing but awesomeness. Copious amounts of wine will assist in believability of the above theory.
  • Options
    Cry

I'm sorry.

My day had been uneventful. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Have one for me.  I'm still at work with absolutely nothing to do.  I might fall asleep at my desk.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    She's actually trying to help me because she knows how frustrated I am.  She's even going to fix my resume for me next week, as a personal favor, not as the head of HR.  It's just ridiculous that I should have to look for a new job.
  • Options
    Is there any way that the position will be open at a later date?  Did she say what happened to the position?
  • Options
    I am really really sorry Julez, especially about the job. That is very frustrating and just a blow to your sense of accomplishment.

Definitely open that wine now, take a deep breath, and hold H's hand :)
  • Options
    wine dot woot dot com - then you can buy numerous bottles of wine all at once.  Sounds like you need it. 

A $30 difference is a horrible estimate.......I hope you have a better Thanksgiving Day. 
  • Options
    Frown I'm sorry you're having a crappy day. 
  • Options
    That doesn't sound like a very fun day before Thanksgiving.  I'm sorry you're having a crappy day!
  • Options
    That's nice of her to be completely honest with you though.  It's better to know now, then in 2 more years that you are just a sitting duck within a company.  I hope you are lucky and find a great job very quickly. 
  • Options
    That is sucky :(

I got my eyebrows waxed last night and she ripped off a bunch of skin, thanks eyebrow lady.
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  That sucks.  Have a glass of wine for me, because I've had a rough day and I can't drink on top of the Vicodin they gave me for my ankle.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Poor Betrothed!  You really can't catch a break :(

The position was supposed to be a new position basically created for me. 
  • Options
    It certainly has been a rough month for me.  I'm hoping next month is better.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yeah, but it makes me sick to my stomach so I can only take it if I'm going to lay down for hours afterwards.  Work without pain killers was rough.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    That's frickin' lame, julez.  Sorry your company is being stupid :(  Also, that Whole Foods is stupid.

I'll be hitting the wine in approximately 3 hours...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are having a crappy day all around.
  • Options
    If the estimate was $500 or more, a $30 variance doesn't matter much.  Since some turkeys are just $30 to begin with, that's a lousy estimate.

At least your HR lady was straight up about it.  She could have left you believing the job was still out there.  Doesn't make it suck less, but a sucky situation with honorable people is better than a sucky situation with a bunch of douches.

Drink up.  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards