Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

1235»

Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

• Options
    FI and I aren't religious at all but when my 3 year old nephew says the blessing or a bible verse he memorized, I think it's the cutest thing.
  • Options
    Church is very foreign to me. I never went to an actual church as a kid I went to what were called devotionals once a year. It was a church service put on by an organization that I belonged to. They were all written by girls between the ages of 11 and 20 so they really never were anything too religious since the organization was based off of so many different religions.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-years-eve-let-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d519f47b-166f-42e7-bd28-eaa75ee0baf5Post:b6897423-919b-4221-97c3-fa1a33ec7799">Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad your family was supportive of it, Erin. We have been told that we need to be taking Edmund to church now all the time. H family thinks that if we don't start now he will never get into it and they don't like that. I never went to church as a kid and never really wanted to at this point but I don't want to make that decision for my children. <strong>I want them to make the decision of whether they want to attend church and be baptised by themselves.
    </strong>Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

That's how my parents were. My brother ended up getting baptised at age 13, by his own accord. Now I'm the only one left who isn't so I'm the odd (wo)man out.

Of course, my dad's agnostic and my mom's a Christian but doesn't like going to church, so it's not as surprising that they are more willing to let their kids go their own path as opposed to more religious people.
  • Options
    I was raised Catholic but chose to raise both my children outside of any church.  It bothers my daughter (20 years old now) some, mainly because she has never been baptized.  I have repeatedly offered to explore different churches with her, but she is not ready.

Erin, I agree, you have made some brave and amazing choices.  Hold your head high girl!

Actually, the more time I spend online with each of you makes me realize we have some pretty amazing individual here on TK, particularly on "E". 
  • Options
    Thanks Ski! I hope when I have my children, I use all of this that has happened to help me be a better parent.

I go to church, but not every week. FI is much better about going than me. In college, I started questioning how many regularly attending members seemed to be the most judgmental of others. I know it wasn't everyone, but it sort of made me not want to go for awhile.

I don't think it matters if you go every week if you are ugly to people every day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to church growing up and then in 7th grade, I decided it wasn't for me anymore. I didn't think the hypocrites I went to church with and the way Christians acted. I wanted to be able to do whatever I wanted without having to worry about going to hell.
  • Options
    Hey everyone! H and I are taking it easy at home tonight. We just opened a bottle of champagne. I'm hoiping it helps my hangover.
  • Options
    Aawww Erin that's awesome! I hate shopping too. I have to get ready soon. I have no idea what I am going to wear- I'm thinking kooky and artsy.
  • Options
    Best cure for a hangover is to keep on drinkin!
  • Options
    Hi Birdie. I'm going grocery shopping as soon as HP7P2 is over. I don't want to but I have to as we have nothing in the house but the taco stuff for dinner tonight.
  • Options
    Ugh, I don't see how people can drink when they're hungover. That's the last thing I want to do.
  • Options
    I'm not drinking real fast tonight aleigh. However, I did toy with the idea of making a mimosa this morning to help. It was a rough day.
  • Options

I just erased a ridiculously long post consisting of me whining about why I don't want to go out tonight.  I want to see my friend, but I don't want to go to her neighbor's party in order to see her.  Uggh...decisions.

• Options
    Are you expected to dress up on New Years Eve? We're going to a bar but it's not a nice bar by any means. I think if we were going downtown I'd wear a dress but I don't think I want to if we're just going to this bar.
  • Options
    I normally love going out for NYE but this year I have no energy to do it. I normally dress up but most of the people I go with don't.
  • Options
    Aleigh, I'd probably dress somewhere between going to a bar to watch a football game and going clubbing with the girls if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    I'm going to rock heels with jeans and some strange top combination. I have been wearing my little "kitten" heels 3x a week to practice not looking like a hooker. Thanks E friends!
  • Options
    I wish I had a good pair of jeans to wear with heels.
  • Options
    Nicki you make me laugh.  I am sure you do not look like a hooker.  I am wearing jeans with my black leather boots, and a sweet maroon cardigan.  FI will love it.  Oh yeah, and my new fleece lined red mittens with a white Canadian leaf on the back and 2012 on the palm. 
  • Options
    Erin,
    sorry, I asked a question and then had to feed the dog and realized I was hungry.  Thanks for sharing.  That must have been a very hard decision to make.  Good for you for standing up for what you believe in though, and taking the opportunity to decide your beliefs on your own.  I'm so glad your parents were so supportive.
  • Options
    I'm opened a bottle of wine.  I turned down the opportunity to be the 3rd wheel with one couple (they were going to hang out at home and/or go to a local bar) and also to go to my MIL's.  My SIL and BIL are home and would be there, but I didn't feel like it.
  • Options
    Ok, I've decided to stop feeling whiny and get up off my ass and go to this party.  I figure that I don't have to stay until midnight and can stop and pick up mexican on the way back here if need be.
  • Options
    Hi strangers! :) Happy NYE! A and I are sitting at home tonight in our pjs. I had to take a nap earlier today to make sure I'd make it to midnight. How sad!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Hey KY.  How's it going?
  • Options
    It's good Loopy. I'm waiting on my background check to come back clear to get a job offer, which is exciting. Not that I want to go back to work, really, but the additional income will help with my grand plans for awesome vacations this year! Any bites for you lately?? Are you headed out this way for a visit again soon?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    No bites :(.  I think H is going to come here either next week or the week after.  If he has time off in Feburary I'll go there.  We're going to Mexico in March and I should be moved out there by May or so at the latest.

I'll probably spend tomorrow job searching online.  
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, I'm kind of weird and thought even though I've got an offer coming, I'm still going to keep searching. My H actually is up for a promotion, which means we could be leaving CO in a few months, but we're not sure where we'd go yet so I have no idea where to search. That's fun that your H is getting to visit you soon! I'm still in awe of people that can do LD marriages, because I would be complaining 24/7. I hope you get some bites soon though! I'm sure it'd be nice to have something lined up when you get out here.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards