North Carolina
Options

*Campbelle*

can you ask your DH if the hotel was definitely the Westin? :)

Re: *Campbelle*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure, I'll ask when he gets home and let you know. I feel like such an idiot that I can't remember where we stayed, haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL that's ok!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I was definitely wrong. We stayed at the Marriott City Center in downtown. Again, it was very nice. Huge room and enormous bathroom. I want to preface the next comments by saying that I promise I am not a snot. My family generally stays at a Four Seasons or a Ritz when we travel, so I can be a little picky about hotels. (I know that sounds snotty, but I promise!) This was definitely a beautiful, what-you-want-your-wedding-night-to-look-like hotel. We were there for less than 12 hours, but we were very much catered too. They upgraded us when we got there and had little goodies for us in the room. Really great city views too. Plus, the price was a steal. We paid something like half the standard rate for the upgraded room. I would certainly stay there again and recommend it to you without hesitation. Sorry for the novel! Hope this helps! PS I'm really excited to see your wedding pictures! I'm certainly happy for everyone on the board, but you're one of the girls I remember from when I first started posting. Hope time flies from here on out for you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know what I just thought of?! Didn't you look at VanLandingham but decide against it for October? You could try there or it's sister site, Moorehead (sp?) Inn. Both are lovely and have an AMAZING, full breakfast included. Just another thought...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, thanks, your post was so nice (AND helpful)!!! Im bummed, the Marriott Center City is booked solid :( I'm glad u mentioned the Ritz because it is opening next month here in CLT and I'm thinking about it, even though it's very expensive for one night, we only get one wedding night... I've heard good things about the Omni BUT lots of ppl are now saying that the noise from the Epicenter is very bad from inside the hotel and that it's "party central" in there, ahhh!! Decisions, decisions!! Yep, FI and I were supposed to go down to Van Landingham Estate to take a tour on 9/26/08, I'll never forget this day because it was a Friday, we'd taken half days off work for the tour, and it rained ALL DAY. I mean poured... just didnt stop. So we figured it would be pointless to go, cuzz it'd be hard to walk around. The next morning, I went to see Peninsula Club and decided it'd be really cool to have a "lake" wedding. So I never got to see VLE, it's kind of lingered in my mind "what if??" because it's SO pretty and your pics, plus Allie's bridals from there make me regret not visiting! Ahh well... our venue is very nice too, sooo... I just gotta look forward to that! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are VLE and Moorehead booked for your wedding night? That could be a romantic wedding night! I definitely love a Ritz. I firmly believe the best sleeps of my life have taken place on those beds! :-) My hubs has to go to a banking conference at the Charlotte Ritz in the spring, and we are really excited about the weekend away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That isnt a bad idea!! But I think now I've got it firmly planted in my head that I want to be somewhere where we get some amazing city views from our room :) Probably will be either the Westin or the Ritz. It'd be pretty freaking cool to tell people we stayed at the Ritz on our wedding night!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS Did you ever find a job??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking! I got a part time job in retail (yuck!) so the rent will be paid while I continue to search for a full time position. I had a great interview at a company I'm exited about on Friday. I'm very hopeful that I hear something positive from them this week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you've got something at least temporary, and that you're going on interviews!!! That's always promising!! :) GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards