North Carolina
Options

Ceremony question

Our ceremony starts at 4:30pm and my coordinator has down that the processional should start before 4:30. This doesnt sound right to me, shouldnt the processional start at 4:30 when most everyone is guaranteed to be there? What are y'all doing?

Re: Ceremony question

• Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually started late. but we were waiting for some people who got stuck on the shuttle (went to the airport by accident) from the hotel. I would actually start a few minutes late from 4:30...like 5 or 10..just because you might have some stragglers. In fact, most weddings I've been to have always started late. I think starting before is kind of risky. Most people mingle before the ceremony starts and sometimes it's hard getting people in their seats.
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony began at 6. We seated grandparents at quarter till, moms at ten till, and the processional began at five till. I was headed down the aisle at 6 sharp. I was insistent that the ceremony be over by 6:20/6:25, which is why I had my DOC start everything when we did. However, our ceremony was approximately 20 minutes from our reception, and I wanted folks to get to the food as soon as they could. I think you could go either way. Since you don't have that time crunch between locations I think you could probably be a little more flexible. As long as the wedding party is headed down by 4:30 I think you're good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our invites day 4pm, but I expect things will get started a few minutes after that. Most weddings I've been to started a little late, and I think most people expect that? Like pp said, I think it would be a little risky to start it earlier.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp's, that might be risky to start early.  I'd say start at or a few minutes after 4:30.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding in Salisbury this summer and almost missed seeing the ceremony. We arrived 10 minutes before the time on the invite and the parents had already been seated. It seems ridiculous to me to start before the time listed on the invitation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are supposed to start at 7...that is what the invites say. Since ours is so late, we are hoping that we can start right at 7, but I doubt that we would go any earlier.....for one there is a mass right before our ceremony and I think is over at 6:30. When talking to the church coordinator, she told me they like to start right on time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thankfully we had no stragglers and, for us, the decision to start the ceremony at the time stated on the invitation was not ridiculous.
  • Options
    LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe if you do start the processional before 4:30, you could put on your website and spread by word of mouth that ppl ought to get there around 4. Otherwise, I just don't see how all guests would know to be there before what you list on the invite. I think I'll try to start the parent seatings right at the time on the invitation.
  • Options
    smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey you may have already decided what to do, but the time listed on your invitation is "supposed" to be the time the bride walks down the aisle (which means, yes, you are "supposed" to start the processional before that time).  However, I agree that many people not planning a wedding do not know that and will show up exactly at that time not expecting it to have started already.  I'd do what you feel comfortable doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards