North Carolina
Options

Teeth Whitening

I want to whiten my teeth before the wedding since coffee=surviving college lol.  I got some of the teeth whitening trays and gel from my dentist as a bonus for switching to their office.  Have any of you done this before?  How far in advance from the wedding do you think I should whiten my teeth?  I know my teeth will be sensitive for a little while so I know I shouldn't wait until the week of but how far in advance should I do it?  Any suggestions or tips would be great!

Re: Teeth Whitening

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been whitening mine w/trays for the past couple of months.  It's a slow but worthwhile process, the results are not instantaneous, but after doing it just a few times, i defiantly noticed a different! HTH!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I whitened mine before I got my veneers. I think I did the trays for a couple of months.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'll start using mine soon.  Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jessica, what made you get veneers?
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mel, I had very strange shaped small teeth. My 2 front teeth were kind of shovel shaped & my incisors looked like baby teeth. Even after braces, I was still really insecure about how my teeth looked. My dentist suggested putting veneers on the front 6 teeth & I absolutely love him for it. It was a really long process, because he had to remove some of my gumline to expose more of my actual teeth. I had them done when I was 16 & they still look great today 10 years later.Here's a picture to kind of show what I'm talking about:[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2qkm0k7.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have an appt with the dentist this week for the trays... crap, I hope I left enough time (1 month!) for this to work!
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katherine... I was using the Crest Whitestrips Supreme Professional that you can only get from dentists... and they seemed to work quite quickly! I noticed a difference in like a week! They're not the same as the strips you can buy in stores... they have a lot higher peroxide content. just fyi.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katherine that's exactly what I thought.  Oh I'll do it a couple weeks before it'll be no problem.  Let me know how quickly yours whiten.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Meredith! Jessica, I will!
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really late in this reply but my cuz uses Hydrogen Peroxide the kind in the brown bottle at drug stores I believe its 3%!  My FI tried it b/c he drinks lots of coffee and we noticed a slight difference that first night.  My cuz has super WHITE teeth and this is why!  Its cheap and it works just make sure you don't swallow any!  Oh yes we googled this to make sure its safe and it is if you dont swallow...it even has directions on the bottle! HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards