Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good Morning

Re: Good Morning

• Ha! Thanks for the heads up.  I was just thinking- I hope I don't have to get up during the movie to go to the bathroom.  I don't want to miss anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:057c7142-7f52-4d33-8c47-5540ab3c1391">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! Thanks for the heads up.  I was just thinking- I hope I don't have to get up during the movie to go to the bathroom.  I don't want to miss anything.
    Posted by FutureMrsFezz[/QUOTE]

Just don't drink a liter of cola.

"Liter cola?  Do we sell liter cola?"
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:77357330-718e-4c6d-845b-19d15a7eb202">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Ha, they would definitely not be getting gourmet meals.  I'm thinking home-made kibble.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I had to make Whisky's food last year when he first got sick, and yeah he just got simple mushy food. I can't imagine spending 1 to 2 hours every day cooking meals for my pet. I don't even do that for myself.

Mrs. B - the lady next to me jumped a mile and grabbed her boyfriend's arm when the mutt jumped out, causing him to drop his popcorn all over the place. He was pissed, but I found it rather funny.
  • Good morning. I'm getting my hair colored today. I'm so excited because I haven't colored it since June and my roots are looking awful. I washed my hair yesterday, should I wash my hair today, too for this?

So, last night all the ladies I work with went out to eat for my two coworkers' birthdays. So I brought two cards I made with my silhouette and when I get there, I see everyone else with bag gifts and I'm like wtf, we usually bring cards. So I feel like a jerk until someone passed left the present they brought on the table and it had my name on it? I was so confused and then it hit me. This was a surprise shower for me. Awkward!

They decided to give me gag gifts or something they found around the house. Like, I got an opened pack of wooden spoons, the ugliest wedding album ever, and some other stuff that was kind of nice. And then, they were like just kidding! and handed me a gift card to Target haha 
  • FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Maybe I'll just stick with the farva, A.

ETA- that should have said SMALL, Farva. A :)  Stupid phone...,

• I think that's why I like spoilers, Cfas.  I'm not a fan of surprises.  I especially like spoilers to scary movies. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:c32ccfbf-bafc-41fe-a5e0-d238f5fe8122">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Well, hold onto your baby-squashed-bladder when the freaking Mutt jumps out.  I about wet myself.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]
    Ha ha.  Even in the seconds up to it I felt that something was going to jump out and scare the crap out of everyone.  You can tell, it just gets so quiet...it doesn't matter though, because I was all "Something's coming...something's coming...HOLYSHIT OMG WTF?!"

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:64c4b1fe-cf5c-4e21-ba91-dc6ec5be4450">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aleigh, interesting.  Maybe you can use some of the gag gifts.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>Some I can, there was a bowl and plate set that was cute and a big tote bag that I'll use. One lady gave me a cookie press from the 70's or 80's she wasn't sure how old it was but she assured me that it still worked.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:680e69e2-75fe-497a-8342-62b6a0a459d2">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Some I can, there was a bowl and plate set that was cute and a big tote bag that I'll use. <strong>One lady gave me a cookie press from the 70's or 80's she wasn't sure how old it was but she assured me that it still worked.
    </strong>Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

We have a super old cookie press that was H's grandma's, and it still works great. 

• It can make all kinds of shapes, Chrissy.  It's pretty sweet.

• My mother used to scramble a single egg every day for one of her cats when she got old.  That's all the cat wanted to eat.  It wasn't a huge deal.

Of course, dogs can eat a lot more than a cat. 

Adamar -- have you looked at some of the online dog food retailers?  Berkeley is currently on an expensive dog food, but it's not so expensive from mrchewy.com.  They have free shipping with orders over $50, so I just get two bags at a time.
  • I kind of like spoilers for scary movies, too.  When I watched Paranormal Activity a few years ago I read every single plot spoiler online beforehand, and still insisted on watching it with the lights on!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:8a76b09f-485e-432d-9de6-8bf6bf57eccd">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Ha ha.  Even in the seconds up to it I felt that something was going to jump out and scare the crap out of everyone.  You can tell, it just gets so quiet...it doesn't matter though, <strong>because I was all "Something's coming...something's coming...HOLYSHIT OMG WTF?!"</strong>
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Haha...that was my exact reaction, I knew it was coming but man did I jump.
  • Morning! I've been exhausted all week long and I have a feeling this is only the beginning until the wedding gets here.

Aleigh, that sounds like a lot of fun! Is the cookie press something you think you'll use? It sounds really neat.

We met with our officiant to go over the meaning and order of our wedding ceremony and I had a huge cheesy grin on my face the entire time. It was the highlight of my week.
  • I like spoilers too.  I can enjoy everything even if I know what will happen if the story and acting are good.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:8ad0f1ac-5397-409b-b61e-1c032ace91b8">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I've been exhausted all week long and I have a feeling this is only the beginning until the wedding gets here. Aleigh, that sounds like a lot of fun! Is the cookie press something you think you'll use? It sounds really neat. We met with our officiant to go over the meaning and order of our wedding ceremony and I had a huge cheesy grin on my face the entire time. It was the highlight of my week.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Probably not. I'll probably give it to my mom because her's broke. </div><div>
    </div><div>Well ladies I'm off to get my hair done! Have a great day!</div>
  • I don't seek out spoilers, but if someone lets it slip I'm okay. I like surprises though.

I also don't think I jumped when the mutts came out but I could be wrong. I was too busy crying for a vast majority of the movie.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:fedb0d69-f128-4b98-9941-7b59b1d6f166">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking into making homemade dog food.  The kind I get reduced the bag by 6 pounds, but kept the price the same of course.  I'm just not sure yet if it would be cost effective to make it, since we have two big dogs.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>We used to make Cooper's food, since he refused to eat regular dog food and got too skinny. I guarantee it was not cheap, but it only took about an hour each week and was healthier for him. He also loved it.</div>
  • I've decided I hate my Wednesday night class. It was cross-listed as a graduate class, and two-thirds of the students are grad students. The majority of them are on the Model UN team, and the prof is their advisor. 

About a quarter of our grade is based on participation. This crowd volunteers (and gets called on) for everything, and they actually give each other high fives for saying something brilliant. When a girl I've had a few classes with answered a question, they talked among themselves and made fun of her. Thank God she didn't hear them. Neither did the prof, but I did, and now I don't want to participate.
  • They sounds like douches, Special.  I hate my Wednesday class too (hence why I didn't bother going last night) but that's just because it's kind of a lame class. 

• Yeah, it's a 3.5 hour political theory class. It's pretty boring. 
  • Well that's mature behavior, Special. Funny how people like that always think they're better than others.
  • Admar, when our Golden is not feeling well, the vet suggested hamburger and rice mixed together cooked with no spices, etc.  He loves it and you can make it up for a week at time. 

We feed him Blue Buffalo that we get at Petco.  They give you $5.00 off each bag compared to other stores if you have a Petco member card, and then for every $100 you spend (roughly 2 bags, plus treats) you get a $5.00 coupon.  We found that even though Blue Buffalo is more expensive than what we used to feed him, it is better for him, providing more nutrients so he seems to eat less (aka, the bag lasts longer). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:53be7299-47f8-4eb8-a170-22689373a008">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Admar, when our Golden is not feeling well, the vet suggested <strong>hamburger and rice mixed together cooked with no spices, etc.</strong>  He loves it and you can make it up for a week at time.  We feed him Blue Buffalo that we get at Petco.  They give you $5.00 off each bag compared to other stores if you have a Petco member card, and then for every $100 you spend (roughly 2 bags, plus treats) you get a $5.00 coupon.  We found that even though Blue Buffalo is more expensive than what we used to feed him, it is better for him, providing more nutrients so he seems to eat less (aka, the bag lasts longer). 
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>Cooper ate ground beef (for a while, it was the 80/20, since he needed to gain weight) and brown rice with vegetables mixed in. Canned green beans are a good snack for dogs, and he really likes them. He went crazy for sweet potatoes, though. Loved them.</div><div>
    </div><div>We'd make up a week's worth at a time and portion it into individual containers. Then, we could just pop it in the microwave and plop it in his bowl.</div>
  • Which classes are you taking, A?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-233?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:db116bc4-a204-42c0-9f3c-63ab78c46ae2Post:38f16ae9-8d09-4441-a9ab-0e8bb9a5c151">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which classes are you taking, A?
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Micro lecture and lab, and sociology.  I think the sociology class could definitely be interesting with a different professor.  I love micro.  It's the first class that I've actually been excited about going to.

• I'm glad you like the micro class. Um, what is it? Is your sociology class on a specific topic, or is it like an intro class?

My intro to soc class had a terrible instructor. It was her first quarter teaching, and she was just awful.
  • Microbiology. It's so fun.  Yes, the sociology class is just an intro.  I'm only taking it because it's a pre-req for nursing.  The professor is really nice, she's just really hard to understand and she doesn't lecture what she tests.  She likes to tell a lot of stories about when she was in college studying sociology.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards