Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW yourself, because you can!

2»

Re: AW yourself, because you can!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-yourself-because-can?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd6277cf-64b2-49e7-a6a7-906158758100Post:ec5976f6-1ed2-4c33-8658-e3552538d963">Re: AW yourself, because you can!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I worked out with President Obama on Friday!
    Posted by fangsiting[/QUOTE]

!!! I need details, please.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-yourself-because-can?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd6277cf-64b2-49e7-a6a7-906158758100Post:ec5976f6-1ed2-4c33-8658-e3552538d963">Re: AW yourself, because you can!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I worked out with President Obama on Friday!
    Posted by fangsiting[/QUOTE]

::faints::

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    what gym does he go to?  i was at east bank club yesterday and we thought maybe he might bring the kids to the pool :)  i guess he used to be a member
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I  lost almost 10 lbs! 

After feeling ridiculously bloated and uncomfortably full for a few years, I had a bunch of medical tests done to rule out the extreme colon probs that run in mhy family.  Then I did some elimination diets.  I have discovered that not eating gluten caused me to lose 5 lbs in a week, and I no longer have daily headaches and achiness which I thought was normal.  It is the only dietary change I have ever done that has given me results.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-yourself-because-can?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dd6277cf-64b2-49e7-a6a7-906158758100Post:60cf5afb-cf01-4f61-88f1-3e0de7793b4a">Re: AW yourself, because you can!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW yourself, because you can! : !!! I need details, please.
    Posted by FutureMsAlexander[/QUOTE]

He works out in the rinky dink gym in our apartment building when he's in Chicago (he lives only a few blocks from us).  H has lived here for 4 years and I've seen the secret service in the hallways before, so I knew that he worked out here.  I didn't join the downstairs gym until after we got married.  Anyway, I drag myself out of bed at 5:30 am to get to the gym before my 2 hour commute.  The secret service is securing the gym when I get there.  They are checking out all the rooms and a dog is sniffing for bombs.  I get on the end elliptical and I'm crossing my fingers for a presidential appearance before I'm done. 

He showed up about 15 minutes into my workout. Unfortunately, I didn't say "hi" or "good morning" because I was caught off guard--he came in a back entrance that I didn't even know existed. I turned my head to wipe the sweat off my face and he was right there!  We made eye contact, but as H said, I snubbed the president because I just turned back around! 

He warmed up on the treadmill by walking and then he ran.  I finished my workout and carefully timed the ending of my cool down when I saw him getting off the treadmill. I was hoping to redeem myself by wishing him luck on his Louisiana visit or something, but he was on an exercise bike facing the wall when I was walking out. I would have had to tap him on the shoulder to get his attention & I'm sure the secret service would have taken me down for that.
  • Options
    I cooked two things today: a caramelized onion dip and some lemon mustard chicken.  They were both successful!
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been able to weigh myself in two weeks so I don't know how much I've lost, but yesterday I was able to fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in two years!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did a pretty good job driving the manual Miata today - top down and everything. My teacher makes me a little nervous, though (J, obviously), but he's patient, and is quick to hand out praise when I do well.

I get really flustered in traffic, and tend to not give it enough gas in 1st, and stall. Some folks are patient, some aren't, and those make me more flustered.

I also tried on clothes at Kohls, and I've gone down 2 sizes apparently since the wedding. Bought a cute pink and white Chaps skirt, a pink top and a pink button sweater with white trim. I felt all preppy.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Sasha, my mom was that way as well. She just assumed that feeling bloated and crappy was part of being a 55 year old, then one doctor told her she had a gluten intolerance. She probably lost a good 20 pounds in just a few month by not eating gluten anymore and is a crazy energetic lady now. She is also back to being freaking tiny. It's hard having a mom who wears a smaller pant size than you, and is a good 20 pounds lighter!
  • Options
    That's awesome Katie.  I know I am not overweight but I have been asked many times if I am pregnant and now the belly is gone! :) 

The dr tested me for Celiac disease which I do not have but the diet shows that apparently I have an gluten intolerance.  I will still imbibe in the bread basket when I go out to eat, or an occasional pizza and I can totally feel it when I do.  It sucks because I love bread, but feeling better has helped take away most of the cravings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, that's my mom to a T. She won't have an immediate reaction but will be hurting badly the next day if she eats anything. One of my friend's will go into shock if she eats any though, that's bad :(
    At least now there are more options out there. I actually like some of the gluten free brownie mixes/cakes more than the normal ones, and the pasta's aren't as bad as they were a few years ago.
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    I'm a bit late to this, and it's a post and run as I'm off to bed...but I had my dress fitting on Friday and will AW pictures. Ignore the color differences in the pictures, we were at the alterations persons house and the lighting was different in all the rooms.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards