Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What should I do, if anything?

The contract for my church states that we have to have 2 pre-marital sessions before the wedding. FI called today to set them up and the pastor's receptionist said that they aren't a requirement. Well, I have a contract stating otherwise. We want to have them done anyway, but if we don't have to go through our church, we want to go to the pastor that was there when we joined, we're more comfortable with him. For some reason, I'm worried about following the contract to a T. Any suggestions?
"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: What should I do, if anything?

• Options
    I wouldn't rely on the receptionist over the contract.
  • Options
    Yeah I'd talk to the pastor himself first.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    She is the one who I have dealt with with everything else regarding the wedding. When I talked to the pastor about it, he's kinda clueless on everything but the ceremony portion. Not sure who else I should talk to.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Er, when I've talk to the pastor about other questions we've had, he's been clueless.
  • Options
    You have nothing to lose by doing it, and could potentially lose a lot by not doing it.

Get any modifications to the contract in writing. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'll see if they even offer it, if it's not really a requirement. I was thinking about just having her make a modification to their contract, but I guess I should just ge a whole new one now. Thanks.
  • Options
    Yeah actually another way to go about it would be to say that you want to do it and ask the receptionist who to contact about that.  Like to they offer it? Or do you have to go to someone else? Etc.

As much as I dreaded precana, btw, I actually found it really helpful, so it could be fun if you do end up doing it!
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    We really want to do it, regardless. But if we don't have to do it with the church, I'd rather do it with our old pastor. I figure since we haven't lived together, we can use all the help we can get.
  • Options
    Maybe you could do both? Since you are looking forward to it anyway? Meet with your current pastor for the two required/not required sessions, as well as schedule some sessions with your old pastor. If that's what FI and I have to do, we will. We looooove our old pastor, and after a year with the new one, we still aren't as comfortable with him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards