North Carolina
Options

Looking for a Makeup Artist

Hello ladies!  I've been lurking around on this board for a little while, so I figured I should introduce myself.  I am getting married in June 26, 2010 in Greensboro.  We have our venue, caterer, ceremony musicians, photographer, and invitations.  I'm in the process of trying to find a dj, wedding director, and makeup artist.  Does anyone know of any airbrush makeup artists in the Triad?  I look forward to getting to know each of you and sharing and receiving helpful advice and information.

Re: Looking for a Makeup Artist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations! Everyone on here is very helpful, so post and ask questions on here. I don't know any airbrush artists specifically. There might be some in the NC Bride Bio linked in some of the girls' siggys. The board favorite makeup artist is Elizabeth Tolley. She is amazing! Lots of the girls on here have used her. She's out of CLT but will travel.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info campbelle.  I will be sure to check out Elizabeth Tolley as well as check out NC Brides.  Thanks again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup, Elizabeth is amazing, she did makeup for my engagement pics and is FABULOUS. Book her if you can now and dont look back!! :)
  • Options
    LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Out of curiosity, about how much does Elizabeth charge for hair/makeup?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine has recently started doing airbrush makeup.  She's from Lincolnton but says she's willing to travel anywhere in NC.  She charges ~ $35 per person since she's still new.  I haven't used her yet but I'm doing a trial in 2 weeks and will gladly post pictures!  Let me know if you want her contact info.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jrsturd, I would greatly appreciate it if you gave me her contact information.  Thanks!
  • Options
    jenlt21jenlt21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jrsturde,Could you please send me her contact information too - jenlt21 at yahoo dot com?  Thanks!  Can't wait to here about your trial!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Sorry I drove back up to Raleigh yesterday and didn't see the responses!Her name is Emily Davis and her email is GirlwithCurl04 at aim dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I paid Elizabeth $150 total for my hair and makeup trial (for bridal portraits) and hair and makeup for my wedding day.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jrstrude for the info.  And thanks ladies for the advice.  I will check into as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards