North Carolina
Options

RD locatoin in RDU area

Hello all. I've been lurking for awhile but this is my first post on this board. I'm getting married May 15, 2010 at the Hilton RDU.  I was wondering if anyone has a recommendations for a site to host about 16 adults for the night before the wedding.  Its really just a way to have dinner w/ the family the night before and not a traditional RD. I'm hoping to stay under $200.  What are your thoughts? Also, I'm looking for a classy place, so nothing too casual. Thanks!

Re: RD locatoin in RDU area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    200/16=12.50 a head and that includes tip. i'm not sure there's many places left to go out and eat that cheap. but for that headcount you should be able to sqeeze into most restraurants.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the NC Bride Bio[url]http://www.ncbridebio.com/[/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like Andrea said, I'm not sure where you could go at $12/person and have it be "classy."  Perhaps have the RD at lunch instead of dinner to cut costs?Some places I recommend that are nice for special meals are the Weathervane, Irregardless Cafe, Duck and Dumpling, and Taverna Agora.  I'm pretty sure you could do any of those within your budget if you went at lunch time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting married at the Hilton RTP "Mansion on the Hill"?  I'm also May 15, 2010 and we're having our reception there. 
  • Options
    jaf071984jaf071984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  Lunch is a great idea. I will keep that in mind! Yes, I'm getting married at the Mansion on the hill also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to chat with you a bit about it, maybe exchange some ideas, can you email me?  rosered_14@yahoo.com Thanks! Jen
  • Options
    GoHeels09GoHeels09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    La Mez is great and not too pricey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards