Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone Else Not "Kiss the Bride"?

2»

Re: Anyone Else Not "Kiss the Bride"?

• Options
    re: waiting till after you're married...why it's insane.
    would you buy a car without driving it? would you buy a house without taking a tour and a home inspection? sex is a huge part of marriage, why would you leave that to chance?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-not-kiss-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e292b6d2-a6f4-46bd-96a0-e3fcf1e8232dPost:f699665d-38b0-47a3-9017-2cc320d9e8cd">Re: Anyone Else Not "Kiss the Bride"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that sex can show you a lot about someone, but getting to know them on a deeper level without sex can tell you WAY more. And once you have that connection sex will always be AMAZING no matter what. The physical can be perfected with practice after the wedding.
    Posted by HyperChicaPR[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. My FI and I are waiting till marriage, and I'm not in the least bit worried that we'll be incompatible in bed. First of all, since I've never had sex with anyone else, how will I know if it's "bad"? I have no one else to compare it to! Secondly, he is the one I am in love with, so naturally there is no one else I'd rather have sex with...even someone who is supposedly "better" in bed. Just my thoughts on the subject.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-not-kiss-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e292b6d2-a6f4-46bd-96a0-e3fcf1e8232dPost:f699665d-38b0-47a3-9017-2cc320d9e8cd">Re: Anyone Else Not "Kiss the Bride"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hear you willow!!! I completely agree. Since when did not having pre marital sex become the bad thing to do? It's crazy the way that society has turned people's views around. We are so bombarded with sex that it's become abnormal to refrain from it. The judgement passed on not having sex has surprised me time and time again. I know that sex can show you a lot about someone, but getting to know them on a deeper level without sex can tell you WAY more. And once you have that connection sex will always be AMAZING no matter what. The physical can be perfected with practice after the wedding. Oh, and I will definitely be doing the kiss :)
    Posted by HyperChicaPR[/QUOTE]

i don't think people were commenting on not having sex before marriage, but not having ANY phsycial contact before marriage (ie: kissing). that's just a little extreme imo.

and i agree that the whole idea of "purity" is rediculous. it was basically invented as another way to supress women, and it obviously has worked. it's even worse now with those rediculous "purity balls" that people are having. the ironic part is that they have found that people that participate in these events actually have a higher rate of STI's and teenage/unplanned pregnancies than those that don't. just goes to show how a lack of sex ed and the repression of religion screws people up even more!!!!!

and yes, we will be having our first kiss in the ceremony. we are having a short, catholic mass and we wouldn't dream of not doing it. all the weddings i've been to have been catholic and every single one did a kiss, and i'm not quite sure why other areas seem not to in the church....
  • Options
    The more I plan our wedding the more feminist I'm getting.

You may now kiss the bride. As if he needs permission and I have no say in the matter.

We are going to do: Seal your promise with a kiss.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-not-kiss-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e292b6d2-a6f4-46bd-96a0-e3fcf1e8232dPost:db8a5844-b6f4-4c44-a7a3-121456c5d98e">Re: Anyone Else Not "Kiss the Bride"?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not part of your question at ALL, but I once went to a wedding where the kiss at the ceremony was the couple's first kiss ever .  They were really committed to not having sex before the marriage and didn't want to risk getting carried away.  I bet they would've been super pissed if the pastor had forgotten to include it! :)
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]
    a friend of mine told me back in freshman year of college that she would do this--she had never kissed a guy, EVER, when she was 19 years old, and wanted her first kiss EVER to be with her new husband. I and the rest of our mutual girlfriends said she was crazy. she followed through. oh yea, and she was the first from my bibly study to get engaged, and one of the first of my friends to get married right out of college... heehee. couldn't wait much longer, I guess.

to the OP, I find that odd. I've never in my entire life been to, or heard of, a wedding where the B&G didn't kiss at the end of the ceremony. I fully expect to be kissing my new husband before the pastor's words are completely out of his mouth.

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards