• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Etiquette

S/O Schools paying for good grades

Whit's thread made me think of my dad's school district and their plan for next year. They will be withholding the cost of living raises and pooling them into a fund. This fund will be used to reward teachers whose kids do the best on the annual state tests. There is no cap, so teachers who consistently bring in the most improved and/or highest scores from their students will be rewarded time and time again, which means many teachers will not. And they will not get their yearly raises.

The ratings for who gets rewarded money will also come from classroom observations by the principal and the subsequent scores assigned by said principal. So it's up to the principal as well who gets the money.

What do you think of this? Do you think teachers should be compensated for a "job well done," and/or punished for not being the best?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards