Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Update:coworker

A while back I had posted about a co worker that was coming on to me, saying he and his wife had an open relationship. Well I did email her and she responded back this morning that she was very sorry if it upset us and apparently she was hoping FI wouldn't mind them "borrowing" me for a night. Definitely glad I uninvited them!
Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image

Re: Update:coworker

• Options
    I feel like that just made it even more awkward with your coworker. Sorry you have to deal with so much crazy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_updatecoworker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e31dac74-982f-4c93-9ff5-0641fe117426Post:aa8c1e4d-98a3-4507-bde9-2b5adf7dc386">Re:Update:coworker</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did he come on to you AGAIN? Seriously, report that crap to HR. I know several swingers and couples with open relationships. I even know a few who like the occasional threesome. They meet others through events and social networks geared particularly towards that type of activity. NONE of them would ever approach a coworker. It crosses a serious professional line. ETA: and repeatedly propositioning you after you've declined is absolutely grounds for harassment charges.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

He didn't do it again. After I reported it to HR, I emailed his wife letting her know what had happened. She just got back to me today. It was definitely weird and FI is PO'd at them but at the same time kind of laughing about it.
  • Options
    This just gives me the willies - not that he propositioned you, but that his wife approached it that way from the back-end (no pun intended).

Like if you thought someone was into that and you ask once, it's fine, inappropriate for work but you're getting your feelers out there - whatever.

If you ask again after a refusal, it's rude and creepy and COMPLETELY inappropriate. Like Stage said, there is a definite professional line that shouldn't be crossed in the work place. (Lines exist for a reason!)

Then, when his wife talks about "borrowing" you... it just weirds me out. She should have just said, "Yes, we swing, sorry if you were uncomfortable."
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Do you know if it was the wife's private email?  I almost wonder if your creepy coworker intercepted or something.  Ewwww.

• Options
    It was her personal email. At the bottom it said "Sent From My iPhone" and she deleted herself from my facebook shortly after. Oh well. It was just strange, and the fact that it took her this long to reply. Ugh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_updatecoworker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e31dac74-982f-4c93-9ff5-0641fe117426Post:aa8c1e4d-98a3-4507-bde9-2b5adf7dc386">Re:Update:coworker</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did he come on to you AGAIN? Seriously, report that crap to HR. I know several swingers and couples with open relationships. I even know a few who like the occasional threesome. They meet others through events and social networks geared particularly towards that type of activity. NONE of them would ever approach a coworker. It crosses a serious professional line. ETA: and repeatedly propositioning you after you've declined is absolutely grounds for harassment charges.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

agree with this completely
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards