North Carolina
Options

Sweet Memories Bakery

Just met with Sweet Memories Bakery and the cake is to die for. I think it may have been the best cake I have ever taste! If you’re in the Raleigh area you have to check them out. I was very hesitant at first, I read a lot of mixed reviews about them-mostly that the staff wasn't very kind-but I don't know if they have hired some new people or what but they were all very kind to my fiance and me. We met with Alli and she really made up feel welcome and comfortable. She and Donna (the owner) we excited about our idea and were very accommodating-my fiance can't have chocolate- and they were fantastic about helping us create taste flavor that were chocolate free! The only negative thing was the cost. The price per slice wasn't that high 4.50/serving for a 3 tier with 3 different cake flavors and 2 different fillings per tier, but we have to pay design fee because our cake will require extra labor hours. But all in all they were great and the cake was amazing!

Re: Sweet Memories Bakery

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dang it this is making me crave cake now... ! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds yummy!  Glad it went well!
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree! We haven't had our consultation with them yet, but their cake is AMAZING! It's def. our first choice!
  • Options
    lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could go for a slice of cake now. I'm glad that your meeting went well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meredith-You are going to love them! I hope you get to work will Alli. She was terrific! And you have to try the Southern Aristocrat cake: Sweet Potato cakes with caramel and white chocolate mousse, amazing!
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Their sweet potato cake is absolutely AMAZING.  They are our first choice but i am not sure if we can swing the price. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Their sweet potato cake is amazing! I've been dreaming about that cake for well over a year. However, their prices are NOT amazing. I went with my local baker and begged her to try a sweet potato recipe. She usually does pound cake but made an exception for me since she loved my grandfather sooo much!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought maybe I could swing her if I just did a basic flavor but I don't think so and it makes me sad :(, lol.she does a fantastic job at cakes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only reason we were able to swing the price is because we are having a small wedding, only about 30 guests (we both have small families-about 10 each and we invited our 10 closest friends). So we got a cake for 65 (we really wanted a 3 tier and that is the smallest 3 tier they make). If we were having a bigger wedding we wouldn't have been able to use them. At the end of the day it was about 150 bucks different between the 2 places we visited for the different flavors, 65 servings and our design. But the cake tasted so much better at Sweet Memories that it was worth it. We wanted our guests to walk out of our wedding and say it was amazing instead of just okay. But again we wouldn't have been able to if we had a larger wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards