North Carolina
Options

Help,need new wedding loc

Getting married 12/19/09 in Charlotte. We were getting married in church I grew up in,they decided to up the price(a lot)due to I live in OK & am not an active member at this time(even though my family still is & they org were ok w/that) So now I am having to find a new place to hold the wedding & reception & we have LITTLE TO NO money for a site!!!! any ideas of some cheap(cheap) places to get married & hold reception in Charlotte or surrounding areas(within an hour)???

Re: Help,need new wedding loc

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The botanical gardens are really pretty and if Im remembering correctly they weren't too pricey (the one in Gastonia) And I think they have an indoor site there too.  Im sorry to hear the church did that to you. . mine did that to me as well even though I only live 3 hours away. Best of luck!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Charlotte Parks and Recreation department have indoor shelters that you can reserve that aren't expensive. The one shelter in Freedom Park is $500 for 5 hours, and there are other ones that are even cheaper. http://tinyurl.com/5wsf5p HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Psych, gotta disagree about the Botanical gardens, it is incredibly pricey just to rent out the site for a wedding (either $5K or $7500, when I was looking for a Saturday evening wedding). Definitely check out one of the parks and recreation sites like PP mentioned to rent out a building (I doubt you'll want to have an outdoor ceremony in December?), or one of the county civic centers (there is one up in Mooresville that is very elegant).
  • Options
    imblessed85imblessed85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas, I am going to look into all of them. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards