North Carolina
Options

*midnite007x*

Amanda, you are part indian? That's awesome. So am I! I think that is part of the reason why I wanted an outdoor wedding. I love nature and the environment is such an important value (not quite the right word) in my family. I love the idea of having my toes in the sand and enjoying everything mother nature has to offer. Do you know what tribe you are from?

Re: *midnite007x*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI says that is where my hot temper comes from, lol a beach wedding was something i was not going to budge on or compromise on at all.....i am all about outdoors and nature and animals. my family picks on me alot and say "there is no doubt she is her grandmothers child"....my grandmother is full indian. i dont know alot she is really closed off from the past so getting my grandma to talk about things has been very difficult. at one point a family member said cherokee but i dont see that adding up in what little history i do know. i have suspicion that somewhere along the line my grandmother changed her name as well before she married. all my dad knows is that alot of her ancestors and his fathers ancestors are from the west but he was very young when his dad died and since then my grandmother doesnt speak much of him or her relatives. my grandma is full indian and she is still very traditional in alot of her beliefs and practices, i am the only family member that has respected that and has even shown half interest in any of it. how about you? do you know what tribe you are from?
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We fall on the same wave length. I love the culture and the morals. I think that is why I have fallen in love so much with the Hawaiian culture. It has the same base of beliefs and morals. They as so pure and simple. I am very proud of my indian heritage. And like you, it plays a major role in my life. I get my dark, almond shaped eyes from the indian side. I got the blonde hair and super light skin from the irish side. Kills me I didn't get that nice dark skin that never gets sunburned :) I am not sure what tribe my family came from. We have done some research, but it appears that they were taken from their families as children to be "cultured and americanized". That makes it harder to track down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hmmmmm. maybe something like that happened along our lines?? i love that my grandma is still into her beliefs and feel blessed that i have that. my family sometimes just laughs her off as "crazy old lady" but that is just how they are. i have the skin that doesn't get sunburned (not as dark as my grandma though), facial features and dark, strait, stringy hair (the hair i consider more of a curse than a gift sometimes)....but i get my blue eye from my moms side of english/irish. i look like a step child compared to my sister and borther b/c they are both redish/blonde, fair skin and blue eyes. My FI has very irish features so it will be very interesting to see how our babies will turn out, lol
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha, same here. My FI's mom's family is jewish and his dad is western european. So he has a slightly jewish shaped nose, but bright blue eyes and blonde hair. He's so cute :) Then I'm irish, indian, and eastern european. Our kids will be such mutts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no...no such thing as mutt babies, they are all cute! Yours will have a cute smile bc both of you have very bright smiles, people will pinch your babies cheeks like crazy for it, lol Are you guys going to have kids right away or wait?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are waiting! I am no where near ready to have kids yet. FI and I have made a list of things that we have to accomplish before we have kids, one of them being go to Australia :) I'm thinking 4 years after we get married maybe. I am also trying to convince him to adopt a child as well as have one of our own.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good for you to adopt, i would also love to do that. FI co-worker tried and tried for a second baby and wasn't having any luck so they decided to adopt and ended up pregnant too but they still adopted, it was really expensive.we arent waiting.....i will be 34 shortly after so better get started sooner than later.austraila would be sooooo cool to travel to. we have never been out of the country so if we decide to take a honeymoon, we are going to try to go out of the country someplace
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards