Wedding Etiquette Forum

I will have a 10 month old "flower girl"...

And her duties will entail sitting in my lap and being adorable for a few minutes of photos.

But I'm trying to figure out some cute wedding or flower themed toys for her to play with/gnaw on while we take pictures.  Does anyone have any ideas for things I can give her, or ideas for other cute baby photo ops? 
murrayed

Re: I will have a 10 month old "flower girl"...

• My flower girl had a pomander made of faux daisies. My mom made it so she would have something to carry down the aisle. Just get a floral foam sphere and hot glue flowers tightly around it. Attach a ribbon to the top and you're good to go.  
  • I think a 10 month old on her own would be adorable enough!  Babies are usually cutest when left to their own devices. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    Recipe for disaster. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_will-10-month-old-flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e6726aa4-fe6c-44f9-9237-cba8847595dbPost:0ce75b70-985d-454e-8aa0-5b46bbbd4250">Re: I will have a 10 month old "flower girl"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My flower girl had a pomander made of faux daisies. My mom made it so she would have something to carry down the aisle. Just get a floral foam sphere and hot glue flowers tightly around it. Attach a ribbon to the top and you're good to go.  
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

I thought about something like this but I'd be worried about pieces coming off.  Although I guess there will be enough eyes on her that it won't be too big an issue.  I also thought about giving her a single flower to play with (like a big peony), but I don't know if that's age-appropriate either.

I know she's a baby, and she's going to do whatever she's going to do, and as long as she's in a good mood we're going to have some great pictures no matter what. 
    murrayed
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_will-10-month-old-flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e6726aa4-fe6c-44f9-9237-cba8847595dbPost:7928c81d-b854-450c-854e-38a30a8dc3c7">Re: I will have a 10 month old "flower girl"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Recipe for disaster. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

The worst thing I can envision is her spitting up on my dress, which would suck and in which case I would have to change.

For the record, this is FI's niece and we see her all the time.  She's normally pretty content to sit in our laps and play with toys, which is about all we want her to do.
    murrayed
  • What about a flower teether in the same colour or flower as your bouquet? Flowers are a pretty popular theme for a teether so you shouldn't have trouble finding ones that match - these are pretty cute, for example:

http://www.rosiehippo.com/p-2189-flower-teether-pink.aspx

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_will-10-month-old-flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e6726aa4-fe6c-44f9-9237-cba8847595dbPost:0ce75b70-985d-454e-8aa0-5b46bbbd4250">Re: I will have a 10 month old "flower girl"...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My flower girl had a pomander made of faux daisies. My mom made it so she would have something to carry down the aisle. Just get a floral foam sphere and hot glue flowers tightly around it. Attach a ribbon to the top and you're good to go.  
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]
    this doesn't seem safe for a 10 month old. way too many little pieces that could detach and the baby can choke on.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • OK - I know this is way late for you to be online...

Look in the infant department for a plush toy/rattle that would match your color scheme or that could in a strech appear to be wedding themed.  There are so many plush items in stores, you'll probably find something to use.

(here's to hoping that she has a calm tummy during the photos...)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards