Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confused.

Why was this on my knot checklist?  I thought this was a HUGE no-no.

Make sure everyone in the wedding party is aware of what you expect of them -- especially your bridesmaids and groomsmen. Provide a list of duties to the maid of honor and a list of to-dos to the best man.

It also had the alarm clock thing next to it telling I its overdue, lol.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Confused.

• Options
    I have know idea.. But we all tell you to ignore that part of the Knot check list.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Hahahaha well you'd better get on that, since it's overdue. Make sure you include how they are each supposed to pay for a spa day for you, since it's so stressful being a bride and as your slaves they should help you relax.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    The Knot checklist is nuts.  It was telling me to send out invites at the 3 month mark.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    Because TK can be dumb sometimes.
  • Options
    Yeah, best if you tell them their hair length & color, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confused-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e69daeb7-7c58-4491-ac32-f274bbe80447Post:999f9b01-d6c0-4191-b115-5f457d65958a">Re: Confused.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahahaha well you'd better get on that, since it's overdue. Make sure you include how they are each supposed to pay for a spa day for you, since it's so stressful being a bride and as your slaves they should help you relax.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

Lol, right? 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    It's probably just for things like, "bring rings to ceremony"

Not things like "Wake up the bride"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confused-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e69daeb7-7c58-4491-ac32-f274bbe80447Post:d9aabaf8-47e2-49f5-ba26-1634ad10a28a">Re: Confused.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's probably just for things like, "bring rings to ceremony" Not things like "Wake up the bride"
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

Oh come now, lets not be overly optimistic about things...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confused-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e69daeb7-7c58-4491-ac32-f274bbe80447Post:4000cd2d-433f-4a58-830e-a7848b690672">Re: Confused.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confused. : Oh come now, lets not be overly optimistic about things...
    Posted by mocha beans[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say was, "YOUR FRIENDS ARE YOUR SERVANTS!!!!"
  • Options
    Trust me, that's not the only ridiculous item they have on that checklist- wait until you get a little closer!
  • Options
    It was telling me to get my flights for the honeymoon reserved 9 months ahead of time.  Really?  How about we start getting the ball rolling with flights at about 4 months?  Or at 6 weeks like my Dad did when he flew from MN to the Maldives (in the Indian Ocean).  Their his miles, I know he doesn't need 9 months!

TK can be silly.  They want things done ahead of time,  So we cross-reference with my mom's checklist in her planning book (she's a stickler... everything has to be done by her book / because she's a mom-zilla) and the planning book/magazine I have - Real Simple Weddings.  Love their checklist.  It's better for a low-maintenance bride.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm 6 months out and it says I'm overdue for ordering invitations.  I freaked out for a minute (because what do I know?) and went to the website where I think I'll be ordering from to check their delivery times and it's like, 2 weeks.  WTH, Knot??
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I swear I read something on The Knot about how bridesmaids should go to the couple's house while they are on their honeymoon and like, post "welcome home" signs or something. 

My bridesmaids totally dropped the ball.  ::scoff::
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confused-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e69daeb7-7c58-4491-ac32-f274bbe80447Post:7d41aa7d-a066-4ad7-baca-947ce59b84ae">Re: Confused.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm 6 months out and it says I'm overdue for ordering invitations.  I freaked out for a minute (because what do I know?) and went to the website where I think I'll be ordering from to check their delivery times and it's like, 2 weeks.  WTH, Knot??
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. Fi was nervous because he hasn't gotten his final address list from his dad or his aunt. I'm trying to send out STDs, like, yesterday. Next week we'll be at 7 months. I'm telling him, "Well, this is why we're getting the guest list together now instead of 4 months from now." He looked confused and said, "Oh! Wait, I thought invitations were supposed to go out 5-6 months early?" Oh, boys.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I just checked off all the stuff on the list that I wasn't going to do as "done" so it'd stop yelling at me.
  • Options
    Well, let's face it.  If you have a list of expectations of them, it's probably better to get it out in the open sooner rather than later, right?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    shoo?  I likes me shoes.

• Options
    I like shews too.

But I meant shoo like scram.
  • Options
    But, but... I thought I was being all logical and reasonable, no?

PS.  In addition to shoos, I'm discovering a love for Bath and body works anti-bac hand cream.

• Options
    I love the B&BW Tropical Passion Fruit scent. My office springs for that (although we have 1-ply TP) but the soap smells so wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards