North Carolina
Options

Help/suggestions

I'm calling on my beautiful NC knotties... :) Is there a website that is good to look up jobs in NC (in general)? Besides careerbuilder? For example, here in Florida we have employflorida.com. A job website used by companies but run by the state. I was just wondering because I want to keep my job search broad. FI & I would actually LOVE to move to NC. But careerbuilder has so many fraudulent "companies" and scams that I hesitate to use it anymore. ANY suggestions you could give would be SO appreciated. :) I know the job market sucks everywhere right now, but I want to consider ALL options. You ladies rock! :) Hope everyone has a good night & wonderful weekend!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help/suggestions

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Snagajob.com & Monster.com Good luck! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I knew monster but not the other one. I also signed up for northcarolinajobs.net Hopefully I can find something & then maybe actually meet some of you someday! haha.
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    job hunting sucks. . I just went through it due to the fact that I couldn't stand being at my current job any longer (Last day is Sunday. . THANK GOD!). . I ended up getting two part-time jobs (not from those sites though) that I'll enjoy much more and will have a lot of time to plan and do my DIY things :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh congrats on finding jobs that will work for you! I hope your luck rubs off on me. haha. I'm to the point where I can't stand my job either. It's a LOOOONG story & I simply refuse to bore you. haha. Basically, I feel like Tina Fey in The Invention of Lying. "I realize more and more every day how over qualified I am for this job and how incompetent you are." lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the major universities - Duke, UNC, State - they all post all their jobs online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Craigs list!! I'm in DC now, but that's been my main source for  jobs. All those others sites (career builder..monster..etc have tons of those crap/scam jobs). I used it in Raleigh also and that's how I found my last job. Good Luck job searching is like a full time job! haha
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What type of field are you seeking a job in?  The State of NC job site lists postings daily...........
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! I'll have to check those out. I didn't know craigslist posted jobs! haha. Or that they'd be worth it... Thanks! Really I'm not sure what type of job right now. My experience is in retail & administrative work. But I'm getting my doctorate right now. And should have my Masters at the beginning of next year. Media Psychology.
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking in the Raleigh/ Durham area, Reseach Triangle Park is a huge business park. They post openings on www.rtp.org for all the different businesses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of job boards out there but a lot of postings are scams or from Recruiters.  I used to work for a Recruiting agency but now I'm in a corporate recruiting environment at a Pharmaceutical firm in Cary.  In my experience, networking has been the best way to find a job, at least for me.  All of the jobs that I've had, I got because I knew someone or they knew me, etc.  That being said, Craigslist, Monster, the RTP and University sites all have good job postings.  You should also check LinkedIn - that can help you network to get your foot in the door should you find something in the area.  Good luck!  Let me know if I can help you in any way!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much to everyone for your suggestions. I definitely have some searching to do this weekend.I have a linkedin profile but need to update it. I haven't been on there in a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards