Wedding Etiquette Forum

"Bride" stuff

or things with your new last name on it.  Did you get any?  Do you plan to?  What?  From where?  Why? 

I want SOMETHING.  But I don't know what, and I can't justify spending much on it.  And it has to be classy - not with a "k". 
DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
Mom to J: 2011
Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485

Re: "Bride" stuff

• I want something too but everything seems to be too expensive for what it is..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My checks and debit card will have my new last name on them, those are freee!!
  • Yep. My marriage license. :)

A little old lady here at work gave me panties with "Bride" in blue on them, which was a little awkward. I also got a black wine glass with a big "W" on it. Just one though. Odd.
  • Not with the whole name, but with the first letter.

For example, Jane Smith.  I have luggage tags with "S" on them, an "s" on my charm bracelet, a wood carved "s" that sits on my kitchen hutch thing.

The only wedding related clothing I bought was a t-shirt that reads I <3 Robert, like I <3 NY  :)  I wear it around the house.
  • I wore a white Bride tank and a black Just Married tank on the cruise.

(I'm selling them, $5 each :) )
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • edited March 2010
    Get new personalized stationery!  You can get some on Etsy for less than $20 (probably elsewhere for cheaper), it's really fun and useful, and you can use it to write cute little notes after the wedding.
  • A friend of mine just sent me a really pretty set of jewelry/makeup bags with my new last initial on it. It was totally unexpected and I love them. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had a hoodie made.  I got a cheap one on clearance at Old Navy and took it to an embroidery shop.  It just said Bride on the back, and I wore it while I was getting ready, and I wore it to the airport on our honeymoon.  Then I sold it to ashaal. 
  • Not gonna lie, I kind of want a 'Mrs. Newlastname' tank to wear on my honeymoon. 
  • I saw a cute lightweight hoodie that you could get your new monogram embroidered on, but the material for the hoody was strange.  Since we're not doing a beach honeymoon and I'm always cold, it would actually be useful.  But I'd have to find one that the jacket itself was made of normal stuff.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • not only does my new atm/debit card have my new name on it, it has Mrs in front of it!
    I figure the bank recognizes me, thats good enough for now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think anything with your new last name on it makes much more sense than anything with Bride on it.

My MIL bought all the girls Bridesmaids totes and a Bride tote for me. It was nice to throw everything in the day of... but I am never using it again. It was a nice gesture though.
  • Squirrly, I have a hoodie from cafepress that's a great material:

http://www.cafepress.com/+married+sweatshirts-hoodies

It's pretty lightweight but still warm.
  • edited March 2010
    I got this tee shirt from the Wedding Chicks but without the "Future Mrs. Jones" part.  I really liked it because it was understated and had birds on it.  I also got their Love tote bag because I love me some tote bags. 

ETA: I had a coupon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:8fe92682-c101-4cc6-81a4-ea5bfd5d5b40">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a hoodie made.  I got a cheap one on clearance at Old Navy and took it to an embroidery shop.  It just said Bride on the back, and I wore it while I was getting ready, and I wore it to the airport on our honeymoon.  Then I sold it to ashaal. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea!

My sister always has screen print shirts made for all of our friends when we go to concerts.  It's a very similar concept and probably way cheaper than the actual "bride" stuff.
  • I considered getting one of the shirts from this site: http://www.inkboxdesign.com/ I think they're pretty cute and subtle, as far as bridal stuff goes.

But then I got a blue sparkly "Bride" tank top from a friend for Christmas, so yeah.  That's my bride thing.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Yeah, Val, I concur.  I can't really get excited about the 'soon to be Mrs.' or 'Bride' stuff, but I could do the new last name thing. 

I actually found cute totes for the BMs and am getting them embroidered, but just with their first names.  Two are not yet married, and one will *likely* be engaged soon.  I didn't want to put a last initial on there that would potentially be changing. 

I think it's because we're not doing a traditional honeymoon, and probably nobody will even realize we're newlyweds for the whole trip that I sorta wanted something.  Now to find a thing to be embroidered. . .
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• A brandy snifter with your new name and an e-pic or something:

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Julez- that shirt just made me get that stupid Spice Girls song in my head, "Two Become One".  I may be the only person who remembers that awful song.
  • On our HM, we got Mickey ears embroidered with Mr./Mrs. Last name, but that was it.
  • edited March 2010
    I secretly want a "Bride" hoodie for getting ready the day-of.

Edit: I won't have a new name. :-/ I feel cheated.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:77a4256c-11f4-463b-a608-a2e2ee21a6be">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got this tee shirt from the Wedding Chicks but without the "Future Mrs. Jones" part.  I really liked it because it was understated and had birds on it.  I also got their Love tote bag because I love me some tote bags.  ETA: I had a coupon!
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]

ha ha. I love having Jones as my future last name. A lot of these places use Jones as their example. It helps me visualize.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • http://themonogramgiftshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=12&products_id=600

That's what I found - and it's not a bad price. But the "slub yarn" part doesn't quite resonate with me.   

Or there's this one, which  isn't as cute, but no slub yarn, BUT it's $50! 
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40434759
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• I didn't change my name and really hate anything that says "Bride" on it.

But I did get a thong from VS that read: [myinitials] [blue heart] [his initials]

Obviously no one but the two of us could see it so it was just a small secret kind of a joke.
  • I have a slub yarn hoodie from American Eagle, I like it but it seems to be unraveling.

$50 for that seems too high, you could pick up a zip-up like that almost anywhere and take it to a sewing shop.
  • One of DH's aunts gave me personalized gift tags and money envelopes.  Those are big here...  I stick them to gifts and enclose $$ gifts in them.  They're mainly for showers, etc. and they're really cute.  

I need to get some that have both of our names on them, however, for when we give gifts together.  In the meanwhile we've just been using mine.  I was SO PROUD of DH when he dug them out and stuck one on a bottle of some liquor we gifted recently.  On his own.
  • My mom does vinyl press and embroidery, otherwise I probably wouldn't get anything.

The flower girls want shirts since they saw them in the store, and I'll probably get a Bride tank. She has offered to make my 2 MOHs/sisters tanks since we're all tank fanatics and layer our shirts A LOT. So they would get worn after the wedding, even just as an undershirt.

I'm undecided on anything for afterwards but have considered buying a hoodie and asking her to embroider my new last initial. I love that idea!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got a shirt from my in-laws with my first name on the front and my last name on the back.  Everyone in the family has one, so it's pretty cute.

I DO want a sparkly bride tanktop!  Is that so wrong?!?!?
    murrayed
  • I saw an idea on a site somewhere that had a hoodie for a bride.  I think some people use it as an anniversary hoodie, but it could work the day after the wedding.

Mrs. Smith
    est. _/_/10

I don't know how you feel about that but it's a suggestion.  You could wear it whenever you wanted.  Personally, I don't like the "Future Mrs" ones either.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards