Wedding Etiquette Forum

rehearsal dinner

When are you supposed to mail out your rehearsal dinner invitations???? My rehearsal dinner is on June 21, 2012.  Thanks!

Re: rehearsal dinner

• I didn't have formal invitations.    But I would have sent them out a few weeks before the wedding, unless I was inviting all the OOT guests.  Then I would send them out with the invites.  Or after the yes RSVP comes back.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I made them with a cute poem that I found and just printed them...They really arndt anything as special as the wedding invites.

• I think MIL sent ours out about 4 weeks before the RD, so they went out a bit after we sent the wedding invitations.
  • My FMIL just did an e-vite, and she did it 3 or 4 weeks prior.

If you do go this route, I'd suggest making it clear not only when the RD is, but also the rehearsal. FMIL only included RD info. Even though I sent out a lengthy e-mail to the WP about the rehearsal times, we still got questions because people didn't read the e-mail and didn't see it in the e-vite for the RD.

Sounds like a no-brainer. But obviously it wasn't for me :-)
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We invited all oot family and H's family didn't care about hosting it so we just included them with our wedding invitations and had an place for the rehearsal dinner on the RSVP card of the invitations that included a RD invitation.  It worked really well.  If that doesn't work for you I would probably just send them out a few weeks after wedding invitations go out.
  • Thank you!
  • Lol. June 21st= my wedding date. We are having the dinner on the 20th. We are not mailing invites very small dinner with just bridal party and parents.
  • We did what exactly what Jally did and it worked fantastically.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rehearsal-dinner-64?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec344d63-04af-4dc2-936d-706617dc102aPost:b8535c96-0ee1-493d-89ef-8fdbcd1a2b40">Re: rehearsal dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Psst.  Meegles.  She's MIL now. ;)
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Oh boo. I still refer to H as FI at least once a day!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards