North Carolina
Options

October 17 Brides

What are you doing about the weather? My venue is giving me until tomorrow at noon to make a call regarding the ceremony tent. At what point would you feel comfortable canceling the tent?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: October 17 Brides

  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **knock on wood** but they aren't calling for rain anymore in Winston. It will be chilly, but I can deal with that.
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What websites are we trusting?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've checked accuweather.com and weather.com
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Butting in as a non 10/17 bride ;) *   I think I'd feel comfortable cancelling the tent. As of now the percentage chance for rain is showing to be very low, like 10%. There is a ton of rain moving through the area this week, but it's going to be out by Friday evening.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping this extra night will help solidify things. Soooo annoying. I really don't want the tent.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And I am sure they are putting pressure on you because they know they will profit from it.  Keeping my prayers & vibes that it doesn't rain on yall!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So Fi and I will probably keep the tent...we can still cancel at the last minute and we'll have to pay 50%. WRAL is still saying 50% chance of rain. I would hate not to have a tent and then that 50% be rain and us SOL. I'm not a fan, but the important thing is that we're getting married and that's all that matters.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a big work event tonight, so I have been freakishly checking the weather the last week or so - WRAL has been on  and weather.com has been off.I know this doesn't help the cause in terms of weather, but I hope it will help know who has been more accurate lately =/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, we decided to keep the tent. I think we can cancel up to Saturday morning and pay 1/2. I had hoped to avoid that fee, but we're considering it an expensive insurance policy...and it essentially adds up to our catering savings.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards