Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Banquet Sales Manager

We booked our wedding several months ago and are not happy with the banquet sales manager we have been dealing with.  We have had issues with with everything from getting the contract details correct to scheduling our food tasting, He has been flustered ever meeting we've had and seems to be unorganized.  We're losing confidence that this manager knows what he's doing and do not want to risk an important detail being missed for our wedding. 

Due to a scheduling conflict, we ended up meeting with another banquet manager who provided us with more information in the hour we met with her than we have gotten in several meetings with our current contact.  Is it appropriate to request to deal with this new contact?  Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and how the dealt with it.

Re: Banquet Sales Manager

• Options
    I would contact their boss or the GM about the situation and request the other manager.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I would request the other one for sure. I would hate for poor organization to ruin your wedding, but I would also mention it the head manager as others have said
  • Options
    Totally within your right to request a new manager.  Ask to speak to their supervisor and cite the specific concerns you have with your assigned manager and why you would prefer to work with another manager.  They'd much rather have a happy client than risk losing the business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards