Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

What do you think?

Me and my Fiance have a 12 month old babygirl! She is my world and I am so happy to have her in my wedding! I willl be walked downt he isle by my grandfather who raised me but I think I wanna carry my Daughter with me as I walk! What do you all think about this? Has anyone ever seen this done or done it themselfs! Give me some feedback! She is the most important person in my life and I want her to be a huge part too! She is what my and my Fiance made out of our love!

Re: What do you think?

• Options
    I don't see any reason it wouldn't be appropriate. I think you should do whatever you want.
  • Options
    I agree with stage.  Wedding vows are between adults,  and I think that making children part of it is just....weird.  I know you love your daughter.  ANYONE who has a child adores their offspring.  That's not unusual nor unique to you.IMO, I'd have your DD in an adorable dress, and be sure to have pictures taken of the three of you together on your wedding day, but carrying her down the aisle is just odd, IMO.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I think having your grandfather or grandmother carry her in as your flowergirl and couples daughter is plenty. If with your and fi there is no way to gracefully take her out if she fusses. It could be cute but most likely causes issue with behavior as a toddler. Also FYI your Fi should be the most important person in your life is getting married. This is the best option for your daughter who would very sensibly be 2nd in both parents lives
  • Options
    well my mom and my step dad got married when me and my brother were old enough to know whats going on! we weren't his kids but he included us in the wedding & also gave us rings as well! i felt so special so yes... i think thats a great idea for you to do!
  • Options
    Sorry but my daughter comes before ANYONE including my fiance! Anyone who says there child comes 2nd clearly does not have children. Thanks for all the feedback!
  • Options
    Any good marriage counselor will tell you you need to take care of your relationship with your spouse before anything else. If you two are fighting and going through drama, your child will see that and suffer too.But whatevs. I don't have children so my opinion obviously doesn't matter.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Im sorry but no one said anything about anything being wrong with me and my fiance! We are 100% happy just because our child is our number one does not mean we have issuses!
  • Options
    Oh, there went the point over your head!Wasn't trying to imply that you were having problems, I'm just saying that you should put your spouse first and the rest will follow.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Im done going back and forth with someone who knows NOTHING about the point I am trying to make! Thanks for the input and happy planning to you!
  • Options
    Have you thought of having your daughter secured in a white wagon and being pulled gently down the aisle (by 2 young kids) right b4 u walk down the aisle. You want to include her. I just think it will look funny with you walking down the aisle w. your daughter on your hip. HTH. GL!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input ladies! Just for the record me and my Fi love each other very much and that is why we are getting married we have been together for 6 years and it has been amazing! My love for my Fi and my love for my daughter are two very diffrent loves and thats the only way I can put it!
  • Options
    BTW I LOVE the wagon idea! That would be beautiful!
  • Options
    Oh darlin'-I'm going to give you some advice from an old married gal with three children who are all grown, and two are married.  I adore my children.  I would, without hesitation, give up my life to save my children.  I love being a  mom.  My DH and I were very involved in their lives and are so proud of the adults they've become.When they hurt, I hurt.  When they are filled with joy, I share their joy.  When they are successful, I rejoice in their success.BUT-#1 in my life is my DH of 31 years.  See, here's the thing.  Someday your beloved DD is going to grow up.  She's going to go out on her own.  You and your DH will be "empty nesters" who have each other-only each other-again.If you have not put each other first, if you have not tended to your "couple" relationship, you're going to find that you're two strangers staring at each other across the living room.  And that's just sad.My parents were married for 63 years when my mom died in June.  They had a 63 year long love story-well actually 65 because my dad was away at war for two years before they were married.As a kid, I never doubted that my parents loved me.  I also never doubted that their number one priority was each other.  And that didn't bother me at all.  It seemed right to me.As a result of their modeling a great marriage, their four children have, among them, nearly 100 years of happy marriages.Your relationship with your FI should be at the CENTER of your marriage.  Your DD should NOT be at the center of your marriage.  It's not healthy for her, and it's not healthy for you, and it's not healthy for your FI.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    trix- beautifully said about what marriage should be-
  • Options
    I am a little late, but I wanted to give my 2 cents. My husband and I have a 14 month old son. We are having a vow renewal next year, and we want DS to be apart of the ceremony in some way. I think he may walk down with my hubby as a sort of best man then he will take a seat. No one is "giving me away" since we are already married. If not I might have considered walking with him. I do not want him involved in the Vow part since that is only between DH and I. I understand what you are trying to say about your daughter. When they are so young they really are the center of your universe. It's not a bad thing. They are only little for a short time. I don't think this means you are doing your marriage a disservice. I think that there are different seasons in your relationship. Like you said, she is the result of your and FI love for each other!If she can walk, maybe she can go before you or with FI. If not, FI can take her down in a wagon. Then when you get down there. You can hug and kiss your little lady and let her take a seat with Grandpa!
  • Options
    I totally agree with including her in the ceremony. I think having FI bring her down and sit with Grampa would be a great idea. I am a full time "step-mom" to FI's 10y/o son and it is important to us to include him in our ceremony. We won't do family vows as I agree that the wedding is between FI & I but my "step-son" will be a groomsman and we might include him in a sand ceremony instead of our mothers or something.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards