Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Separate invitation for all adults

I have twin cousins who are seniors in high school and just turned 18.  Their 19 year old sister lives at home and goes to school. I know technically all over 18 should get an invitation even when in the same household but isn't 4 invites to one household kind of overkill, especially for the high schoolers? I wanna play by the rules, but..... :)

Re: Separate invitation for all adults

• Options
    Personally, I think when someone is still in high school, they go on their parents' invite, as long as they are still living at home of course.  Kind of like how the school wouldn't let us sign our own permission slips in high school even after we turned 18 and were technically adults.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_separate-invitation-adults?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f149df70-814c-4191-b44e-0cfb7b423dc2Post:4306d6cd-eae9-42cd-9e2a-47ed8621dc3c">Re: Separate invitation for all adults</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I think when someone is still in high school, they go on their parents' invite, as long as they are still living at home of course.  Kind of like how the school wouldn't let us sign our own permission slips in high school even after we turned 18 and were technically adults.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. They're presumably still under Mom and Dad's rule.
  • Options
    I'd agree with PP's.  If they're still in high school I'd be okay with putting them on the same invite.
  • Options
    I completely agree. I also don't think high schoolers need plus 1's when they are in a relationship because they are basically still part of their parents' social unit.  But it's nice to offer plus 1s to high schoolers who are in serious relationships. 
  • Options
    I seem to recall reading a way to address invitations to adult siblings living together. I know it can be done for 2 adult brothers living together.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_separate-invitation-adults?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f149df70-814c-4191-b44e-0cfb7b423dc2Post:4306d6cd-eae9-42cd-9e2a-47ed8621dc3c">Re: Separate invitation for all adults</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I think when someone is still in high school, they go on their parents' invite, as long as they are still living at home of course.  Kind of like how the school wouldn't let us sign our own permission slips in high school even after we turned 18 and were technically adults.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

<div>agree</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks all! I feel better now. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards