North Carolina
Options

Slow boards....

Why so slow these days?

Re: Slow boards....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    also curious.  is it because we lost mel and bridget?
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe it's the lull after the summer weddings and early fall weddings?
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. It seems to be slower when I need something to help me procrastinate :-/
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it seems like almost everyone has gotten married and all of a sudden there are less questions!  I have started going to the nest board more these days - because I don't always have something to contribute here anymore!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yah I'm pretty sure its because everyone got married or are about it! I've been lurking on the nest boards these days, they are lots of fun.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But I don't want babies - isn't that the main purpose of the Nest?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, that's The Bump. The Nest is mostly NWR stuff similar to what you see on here, general social chit chat, & recommendatins for stuff (restaurants, salons, fashion advice, hobbies, cooking, etc.)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's the main purpose the Bump - the nest is full of people who don't want babies too!  (and then people who aren't ready to have them yet, etc)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOOH  - well then maybe I can be on theNest.  Nesting just made me think of babies.  Haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Whats Cooking board is the place to be if you enjoy cooking. I am totally addicted to it, and I DEF do NOT want babies. But sometimes seeing peoples siggy pics with their babies gets to me sometimes haha
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh - I like cooking and I have tons of new gadgets to use in the kitchen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's Cooking is fun! I've been following lots of those girls' blogs for a while now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ....and I would love to play today, but walked into a disaster at work. I should have been sick again.....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding is 6 months away and i just got burn out, i guess....i am wedding bored, maybe i will bounce back after the holidays and first of the year......i have been lurking on other boards just to pass time when i am bored at work.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww - well we miss you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    grace - i still pop in and out of here sometimes.i was looking at your FB pics last night and they are so gorgeous :) i love the red!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :)  I was pretty happy with how everything turned out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    does anyone here post on the nest boards?  it took me forever to post here even after lurking for a while.  haha i'm so lame but it feels like walking into a crowded room where you don't know anyone!  where do i start so that i don't get flamed?  are the local girls as nice over there as they are here?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Redhead, the local girls are nice. I know quite a few of them in real life through Blair. Just go say hi...they don't bite!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I post over there a fair amount these days - they're all super nice!
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I promise I'll post more questions as they come up. :) You guys give the best advice!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of the girls over there are just the previous generations of regulars from over here. It's essentially like over here, minus the wedding-related things.I post on both boards daily. They're nice, I promise; just lurk for a while (like you probably did over here before you started posting) & you'll get a feel for the group.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The nest is interesting - i've posted on there some but it looks weird because it counts your number of posts - i don't want to be a newbie again!  I also think it's slow right now becuase there's a lot of people getting married and it's crunch time for them.  the lack of melissa has hurt too!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i may have to pop over there and lurk since i am a little burn out on the wedding subject.......:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    okay so wait. did we officially loose melissa and bridget? did they say goodbye and i missed it which is highly likely. or do they just not come around much? that way surprises me because they were all about some NC knot. do they post elsewhere now? just curious...
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I noticed since melissa has started her new job she really doesn't post as much...but she's definitely not gone.  I'm not sure about Bridget...
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neither of them have been posting for quite a while...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridget is a professor/teacher so i'm assuming since school started shes busy. Same thing with Melissa, new job= busy!  I see them post a lot on Facebook.As for the nest, I actually like the national boards better. I lurk on Whats Cooking and Trouble in Paradise (this one is just really funny). The NC nest board seems a bit slow, and plus they seem really clicky (IMO), but whatever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kristy - i'm sorry.  i didn't mean lose them as in they said "peace out TK" but just that they don't post much anymore.  but like others have said i think it is more of a function of work than anything else.honestly though you can't blame anyone for leaving.  at a month out i'm pretty over the wedding stuff...just trying to keep momentum going until i get pics back from Cheyenne so i can be giddy all over again.  i still show up here though b/c everyone is so nice. :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha - I am sticking around until I get my pictures back and until after some Knotties who I love get married and then I will probably be around less.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards