Wedding Etiquette Forum

Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....

Lamalj....as in "Jamal" spelled backwards. Pronounced La maj.

Here are some descriptions of her babies (all 3 of them, she's 21) pictures:

Momma's lil pimp

Cassidy Says Dueces Hos

"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs

Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....

• I had twin students once named Pleasure Cox and Precious Cox. 

No joke.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Lamalj reminds me of Limahl. Which now reminds me of how badass Falkor is.
  • OY!  That's pretty ridiculous!  Pleasure Cox.  Nice.  I know a Jacque Hare. 

PLEASE nobody say they know L-A.  NO YOU DON'T......do not tell us "uh-huh my moms friend taught one in school one time" 
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    I went to school with a guy whose last name was D!ck.  His dad (Henry) went by Harry.  
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_worse-lemongeloorangelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f55eb8d2-d7d8-490e-bd74-d0b0311fef5dPost:6a109d6c-1180-45bb-845c-8ca801ccdc73">Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lamalj....as in "Jamal" spelled backwards. Pronounced La maj. Here are some descriptions of her babies (all 3 of them, she's 21) pictures: Momma's lil pimp Cassidy Says Dueces Hos
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Maybe she was inspired by the "lamalj" classes she attended.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_worse-lemongeloorangelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f55eb8d2-d7d8-490e-bd74-d0b0311fef5dPost:e8ee37f0-ac00-4019-ac39-f17902b883e5">Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....</a>:
    [QUOTE]OY!  That's pretty ridiculous!  Pleasure Cox.  Nice.  I know a Jacque Hare.  PLEASE nobody say they know L-A.  NO YOU DON'T......do not tell us "uh-huh my moms friend taught one in school one time" 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

But...but!! Ok, no I don't. But my FAVORITE weird name of all time is....Shady El Marhari. I DID teach him. And he was awesome.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_worse-lemongeloorangelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f55eb8d2-d7d8-490e-bd74-d0b0311fef5dPost:a103d161-eec6-4b27-b01a-562779f34e7d">Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo".... : Maybe she was inspired by the "lamalj" classes she attended.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!
  • My next door neighbors great grandson name is Lil Man.  I don't know what his real name is because that's all ANYONE ever calls him.  He's 5.  He does not need a thugged out nickname yet.  Especially when he isn't allowed to start kindergarten because he can't even spell his first name.  (probably because he doesn't know what it is either). 
  • Wow, Stack. Wow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_worse-lemongeloorangelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f55eb8d2-d7d8-490e-bd74-d0b0311fef5dPost:44e7f74c-43c8-4dd6-b9ac-3655a614383a">Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo".... : But...but!! Ok, no I don't. But my FAVORITE weird name of all time is....<strong>Shady El Marhari</strong>. I DID teach him. And he was awesome.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Now that name would totally rock if given to the right kid who could carry it!
  • Oh he carried it WELL. He was like an Indian pimp. Hilarious, considering he was a junior in high school and was as sweet as pie.
  • I know a Velveeta.
    murrayed
  • The first name of the high school principal in my hometown is Daboy. 
  • We had a Barbie Spitz at my college. She signed up for the club I was President of and I thought for sure she was fake and went to student records to confirm. She was real.

We also have an Austin Powers and Ima Schmuck (with her brother Benjamin Schmuk).
  • My mom went to high school with a Richard Ball....who went by D!ck.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • My roommate freshman year of college was Serena Holmes. I went home with her to Iowa that year for spring break and met her brother, Sherlock. Seriously. And her parents were soooo crazy about mysteries and stuff. Their dog was named Capote.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I taught a girl named Special Edwards. Why would you do that to a child? Sweet girl, and very bright.
  • I went to school with a Kaymarta. As in, her mother named her after her favorite store.

I went to college with a Penny Lane. I know a Bristol Meyers.

My mother taught a Chanaychelle... pronounced "Sha-nay-sha."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_worse-lemongeloorangelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f55eb8d2-d7d8-490e-bd74-d0b0311fef5dPost:8f7a95eb-0580-41c4-8ed9-05bf8e1920b0">Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had twin students once named Pleasure Cox and Precious Cox.  No joke.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Oh my god, I think I went to school with these girls!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_worse-lemongeloorangelo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f55eb8d2-d7d8-490e-bd74-d0b0311fef5dPost:cba244d1-f443-4008-be51-8a32b0cee0b7">Re: Worse than "Lemongelo/Orangelo"....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My next door neighbors great grandson name is Lil Man.  I don't know what his real name is because that's all ANYONE ever calls him.  He's 5.  He does not need a thugged out nickname yet.  Especially when he isn't allowed to start kindergarten because he can't even spell his first name.  (probably because he doesn't know what it is either). 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

When my mom was student teaching they had a student who didn't know her real name because her mother only ever called her "Honey Child."
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh, and my friend went to school with a girl named Chardonnay. She was a bright one. Not really. She didn't know that New York was both a city and a state. This was when she was in college, FYI.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • always thought "Shithead"...pronounced Sh...Thead....was an urban legend until I was at a Memphis Walmart ...his name was on his name tag...sigh
  • As a radiologist I see hundreds of names a day..here are a few of my favs:
    - La-a --- honestly, I've seen it
    - TwinA & TwinBa --- when a mother has twins we say "Twin A is such and such" and "Twin B is such and such" -- so I think this woman named her kids after this
    - Lil Angel
    - Nevaeh - heaven spelled backwards - this was a very popular one as a med student and inevitably many of them were VERY sick
    - Chlamidya - yup as in infection
    - Richard Little-John - I imagined that someday someone would call him the nickname for Richard (Di*k) so I cracked up a little
    - Baby Girl/Baby Boy - surprisingly there a lot
    - Jesus Savior

And my all-time favorite as a med student I had a kid named "ShastaTaco" pronounced Shataka -- the mom said she named her kid this because this is what she ate the most when she was pregnant...and she looked at me like I was an alien when I mis-pronounced it....lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I tutored at an elementary school while in college, there was a girl named MyNeighbor.  Her teacher said the mom was so thankful for the help her neighbors gave while she was pregnant that she wanted to name her after them.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
  • When I was a kid, for years, we thought the younger kid across the street was named God Bill.  Seriously.  We grew up in a small town, they put every graduating senior's individual picture in the paper with their name under it. It wasn't until we saw his picture that we learned his name was...... Guy William ...... his parents and grandparents were from Kentucky and had southern accents. Guy Bill came out (to us) like Gawd Bill.

He's the same kid that used to pee in my mom's front flower bed.  We used to tell him to go tell his mom she needed him and he'd do it. She'd just stand there and look at him like WTH. 
  • I had a college friend with the last name of Urshitz

Harry Berry (father of HS friend)

I have a friend with a stripper name, she is a practicing attorney and pretty well known in the state of Ohio. I have no idea what her parents were thinking.

I saw an engagement announcement in the Columbus Dispatch several years ago for Merry Christmas

• I work in a very large hospital, in the NICU... see all kinds...

#1 and 2 most popular: Navaeh (although I've seen it spelled Naveaha) and Miracle.
    some of the crazy ones:
    yeap, recently had a Le-a, no joke
    Da'Johnny and Da'Shawnda (twins)
    Preshiss (pronounced precious)
    Female (pronounced fe-mal-ay)
    Breezy
    Zeus (this one could work out ok, he might be able to rock it, who knows)

we also get some crazy combos of first+last names that sound horrible or are too much alike-- kind of like a real life version of that song... 'anna bana bo bana fe fi fo fana'
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards