Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

RSVP decline w/check gift

One of my elderly relatives declined on her RSVP with a check gift.  What is the proper etiquette here?  Do we send a thank-you right away or after the wedding?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP decline w/check gift

• Options
    I would deposit the check and write a thank-you note as soon as I could.  Say something that you're sorry they can't come to the wedding but thank you for the monetary gift.
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Send a thank you right away and cash it now.  It lets them know that you received it and they don't have to worry about the money coming out on some random future date.  Unless they post-dated it.
  • Options
    Right on!  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yup right away.  Old people especally like to know if you've received their $.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    I'll ditto everyone else. Also, I got one of those from my great-aunt in August and sent a TY note right away. She was happy and mentioned it to my dad when she saw him a few weeks later. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards