Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When you cannot host weekend events...

Originally we had this state park/weekend wedding idea, and because it was so inexpensive we were able to offer (financially) a Friday night BBQ, as well as a Sunday brunch, in addition to the ceremony/reception on Satuday.  So now we're nixing that idea since our wedding idea was pretty from from an airport.  Knot gods have agreed.

Next idea - Tetons!  So obviously things are more expensive in Jackson, but it has an airport so that is a bonus.  The venue is not in the actual park.  I think several guests wanted to go to Yellowstone since they will be out West anyway (Yellowstone and Tetons share the same park pass).  With the increased costs of having a wedding in Jackson, we CANNOT host a Friday night dinner and/or Sunday brunch. 

Is there another way I can see my friends and family that came all this way?  Can I say feel free to join us at XYZ for dinner - but not have it be a hosted event?  I mean we'll have to eat dinner, they'll have to eat dinner, can we all meet somewhere by word of mouth?  I'd use restaurants that can fit our group.

What is the etiquitte?  Does the couple need to host everything that involves seeing the guests outside of the wedding?  If we go this route, I was going to offer a Sunday white water trip only because I have river guide friends and access to rafts but that is not everyone's cup of tea.  Or maybe even a group hike.  Things that won't require money. 

Seriously, don't shoot me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards