Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Signature changing issues?

Has anyone had any trouble recently updating their siggys? 

I'm trying to make changes to mine, but it won't let me.  It won't even load the page/box neccessary.  It just sticks forever then times out.  *Sigh*  I know the knot is all fubared lately so I wondered if it was just me having problems or just the 754th knot glitch for this month. 

*Clicked in here but have nothing sig related to add?  Hi!  How is your day?*

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."

Re: Signature changing issues?

• Options
    I know other people have been havign this problem, though I've not personally experienced it yet.

Someone with a signature I hate says that they've not been able to change theirs in a long time. I don't remember who that is, though.

My day is well, and yours?
  • Options
    I changed mine today without issue.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Hey Eastie.

I know other people have been having signature issues. I wouldn't be one of them. My current signature issue is figuring out where the margarita is going to go next.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I had issues with mine on Tuesday, I cleared my cache and it seemed to work almost immediately.
  • Options
    I think Vegas is on it's itinerary, isnt it?

I need to change my sig picture.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Perhaps the Olympics in Vancouver?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Dude, if Margy's coming to the Great White North, she'd better be coming to TO, I'll introduce her to my friends Glenlivet and Canada Dry, it'll be great.
  • Options
    So.  the knot confused East with OOT when I opened this thread.

And Margy should go to the Olympics. 

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    Have you tried going to the nest and changing it? That is what I do.
  • Options
    Hi! 

My day is slightly better than average because its sunny and gorgeous here today and we've been stuck in a perpetual winter for the last two months.   Fingers crossed it sticks through the weekend!

At the risk of sounding like a tech spazz - what does clear my cache mean?  Is that akin to clearing out cookies?  Temp internet files?   I'm confused. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_signature-changing-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f997df90-70ad-46a2-aa36-f03cf4462f9aPost:e3f138ee-c247-467a-a7ac-b49128f2f052">Re: Signature changing issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried going to the nest and changing it? That is what I do.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, it changed mine on the nest and didn't switch it over here for two days. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_signature-changing-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f997df90-70ad-46a2-aa36-f03cf4462f9aPost:f37a81c3-29f5-4d60-bd78-70992416c664">Re: Signature changing issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Signature changing issues? : That's what I did, it changed mine on the nest and didn't switch it over here for two days. Ridiculous.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

Really? Dang. The knot has been so messed up since the <em>new and improved</em> changes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_signature-changing-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f997df90-70ad-46a2-aa36-f03cf4462f9aPost:437d6f18-c509-46bc-bda0-2dbbb1afdcc1">Re: Signature changing issues?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  My day is slightly better than average because its sunny and gorgeous here today and we've been stuck in a perpetual winter for the last two months.   Fingers crossed it sticks through the weekend! At the risk of sounding like a tech spazz - what does clear my cache mean?  Is that akin to clearing out cookies?  Temp internet files?   I'm confused. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

Yep, temp files, not cookies (though you may want to clear those too). If you're in Firefox, go to:

TOOLS /> ADVANCED, choose the NETWORK tab. In the "OFFLINE STORAGE" section, click the CLEAR NOW button. Then click OK.
  • Options
    Let me see if I can change mine.
  • Options
    *Hi! My day was great, thanks for asking!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    No problems with my TK signature.

I totally thought this thread was going to be about having issues with your married signature. Because I have issues with that. I sign my new name like a five year old.
  • Options
    I change mine on the nest and it changes here too. I really wish they would get all of the bugs fixed so we could clean out the rif raf settling in on AFSB. 
  • Options
    Oh my god, East. That sig pic is the most amazing and wonderful thing ever.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards