Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bachelorette Party Invitations...Okay to indicate that everyone pays their way?

I am MOH in a wedding coming up really soon.  I am trying to organize the B-party.

After discussing it with the bride, we decided that the Bachelorette Party will be a girl's night at the Melting Pot.   The people invited are all mutual friends of mine and bride on Facebook. 

To get an idea of how many people want to come so I can make the reservation I was going to do a FB invitation; this is the preferred method of letting people know about informal parties in our group.  Is it okay to mention on the event details section "Pricing and other information can be found at (insert link to Melting Pot website)."   

I know that it's typical for B parties to be paid for by the attendees....I just didn't know if it was okay to expressly say something in the invitation in case any guests weren't sure if it would be "hosted" in the traditional sense of the word or not. 

Should I just skip the FB invite and just do word of mouth so there's no misconceptions about it being "hosted?"  

Re: Bachelorette Party Invitations...Okay to indicate that everyone pays their way?

• Options
    I've always paid my own way for bachelorette parties I've just attended as a friend. When I've been a part of the BP, I've paid my own way and split the bride's bill between the rest of the BM's. I think you could do either, but I wouldn't expect to have my dinner bought for me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have always paid my own way for bacheorette parties. I would suggest looking at the "Girls Night Out" package at Melting Pot. This way you can let people know the price in advance. (Based on number of people attending) I did this package for a friend and we booked in advance. We got a variety of cheeses and dippers, followed by 4 choices of entrees and 4 types of chocolates and dippers. It was really fun and yummy.
  • Options
    Alright, so consensus is that people just "know" that they'll be paying.  That makes me feel better. 
  • Options
    I always assume that I'll pay my own way when invited to any gathering of friends, let alone bachelorette parties. And I always plan on chipping in for the bride as well. Do you know specifically if any of these people have no prior wedding experience? I think that's the only case where you might run into people who aren't expecting to pay.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bachelorette-party-invitationsokay-to-indicate-that-everyone-pays-their-way?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:fb165929-45b7-4914-9128-351c2aa27ef7Post:b6e655ae-97db-43e2-a3aa-b7859d3c8672">Re:Bachelorette Party Invitations...Okay to indicate that everyone pays their way?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, I've always paid my own way and usually chipped in for the bride's cost as well. That being said, preferred method or not, FB and weddings never mix well. What if someone forwards the invite, posts a reply to your wall, etc? Now the bride has to deal with the awkwardness of those NOT invited or not even invited to the wedding having it show up in their newsfeeds. It risks making drama for her and making her look bad. I would absolutely avoid FB at all costs. You can always email the individuals instead.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think most people just know but it wouldn't be rude to include something like that. People might want to check it out anyway because The Melting Pot can be expensive.</div><div>
    </div><div>And about FB, you can make the settings so that it is totally private and guests cannot share it with anyone else. I am throwing a friends and we did it the same way (because it is also common in our circle).

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards