New Jersey
Options

dress just came in....

So, I just went to go try on my dress for the first time in a year!! and it wasnt what i thought it was going to be. First of all, I ordered a strapless dress...and it has straps. ( i had a small moment of insanity in the store, but the seamstress promises that it will not be hard to remove them.) The saleswoman ( who sold me the dress, but I am not fond of because she has a quite harsh personality) looked bewildered when she saw the straps and was sure it wasnt a mistake. I finally get the dress on ( with the ugly straps tucked in)...and its too big( WOOHOOO!!! all those nights in the gym paid off. lol). SO needless to say, it did not fit right in the bodice or top. I just didnt get that AMAZING feeling that I thought i would get when seeing it again. IDK...is it me?? is it because it doesnt fit right??

Re: dress just came in....

• Options
    edited December 2011

are you sure it's the same dress? I think straps versus strapless would be something pretty definitive...

• Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way about one of my dresses.  When one of them came in and I tried it on, I was like ehh.  I am not really crazy about it and I am thinking the same thing as you, that it is slightly too big.  It only needs to be taken in a little, but I think it will make a big difference.  My other dress came with straps and I had them taken off, it was like a completely different dress without them.  Wait til you get your alterations finished and then see how you feel, I am sure you will feel differently about the dress
  • Options
    tori0417tori0417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks. Yea, its the same dress, but it has spagetti straps on it.
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My friend warned me about that. I am about to order my dress this week....but she did tell me that she had a breakdown when she first tried it on after being ordered because it didn't look or feel right.....but she said that after that first fitting things were perfect.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry, I remember when my dress came in after 6 months I went to try it on and I loved it even more than the first time, I really do hope I will still love it when I go for my first fitting.... I'm sure once the straps are gone and the dress is altered to fit you it will be amazing.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards