New Jersey
Options

HD or Standard Video?

Does it really matter to choose a videographer that films your wedding in HD format or is standard just as good?

Re: HD or Standard Video?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is really personal preference. Our videographer shoots in HD always, but this only matters if you watch it on an HD TV he said - which we don't have at the moment so it will look regular. Although I'm sure at some point after the wedding we can finally upgrade.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me, the quality of the video editing is a lot more important than the availability of HD.  That said, a lot more videographers offer HD now than when we booked.

Our videographer did offer HD, but we opted against it.  We saw a sample HD video and the quality was too good.  Knowing that we're mere mortals and that we'd be watching the video on our 42" tv, I didn't want to see that kind of detail of my face.  The standard definition looks great on our TV anyway -- it looks almost HD.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go for HD.  You can always compress it easily to SD, but at least the raw footage is in the highest  quality available.

Although I probably wouldn't pay too much extra for it......

Another question is, do you have a blu ray player?
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hd-standard-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:00ded5f1-2146-4290-b93d-f48f2d2dbbc0Post:898934dc-36f8-418b-b588-0a9cda36f62b">Re: HD or Standard Video?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our videographer did offer HD, but we opted against it.  We saw a sample HD video and the quality was too good.  <strong>Knowing that we're mere mortals and that we'd be watching the video on our 42" tv, I didn't want to see that kind of detail of my face.  The </strong>standard definition looks great on our TV anyway -- it looks almost HD.
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think of that! I get creeped out watching HD b/c of how life like it is... we're getting HD video but now I don't know if I'll be creeped out by it haha. Let's just hope I look good that day lol
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HD all the way. 10 years from now you probably won't even be able to play standard DVD's anymore. Can anyone say BetaMax or 8 Trax?
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We are getting Blue Ray...But he is giving us a bunch in SD as well.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards