New Jersey

how far in advance did BMs order dresses?

I'm hearing all sorts of things from 4 months to 3 months prior to your wedding.. I feel like 1 month is a big difference.. looking for some sort of consensus thanks!

Re: how far in advance did BMs order dresses?

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours ordered at 8 months out but we were ahead. I'd think now would be a good time for you to order just to be safe.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We order them 6 months in advance
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    We orderd end of april for an end of dec wedding so 8 months.  I am really really glad we did  bc my MOH's dress didnt look like it should have so they allowed her to pick a new one which should be in September. Just enough time for alterations and such.
  • edited December 2011
    My dresses were all just ordered last week. I think now would be a good time for you to have your girls order them.
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    About 5-6 months
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    I forget - maybe 6-7 months.  I say order it when you know.  The girls can always tailor the fit if it's too big or long.
  • edited December 2011
    They ordered them 8 months in advance.
  • edited December 2011

5 months. Although I have a wedding in May that I'm in next year and she's wanting us to be measured by August. So I guess it depends on the dress.

• edited December 2011
    We ordered around 8 months in advance
  • edited December 2011

My BMs are ordering them 5-6 months in advance.

• Laurms15Laurms15 member
    edited December 2011
    We ordered in October for my April wedding, so that was 7months. For the next wedding I'm a BM in we ordered like 10months out because it was the only time her sister and FSIL were going to be around (college students). As long as you have enough time for the particular designer (some take longer then others) then its not an issue when you do it. Your best bet is to find out how long your particular store/designer takes.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My bridal shop told me that they should be ordered no less than 6 months before the wedding.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We went and picked out the dress in November, but by the time all measurements, contracts and payments were in it was mid-December (one month after, and that was only b/c we had to order them by that Friday or we wouldn't get the color since it was being discontinued). So, I would start looking now since you don't know how long it will take your girls to get on it and *actually* order them. By the time they were ordered it was just over 5 months from the wedding.
    *~allie~*

• edited December 2011
    we did ours last month so 9 months out...... thank god we did this because Davids Bridal will no longer be carrying the color lilac in a little while
  • Gabriella26Gabriella26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered 8 months ahead of time...we wanted to order with extra time b/c i have 3 bridesmaids that are pregnant so we wanted to be sure there was plenty of time for alterantions for the new mommies =)
    215 invited image 171 ready to party image 40 Missing out image 4 making us wait image RSVP Date is Oct 23rd
  • edited December 2011
    we ordered ours last week and were told they would be in mostly sept 1 and 2 and one will be in sep29
  • JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    did it 9 months out.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends on how long the shop takes to get the dress.  I'm getting my dresses at DB and they're a popular style/color so they only take a few weeks to come in.  We're getting them next weekend for my Nov 7th wedding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards