New Jersey
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Invites

We are sending out invite for the rehearsal and dinner so that everyone knows the details (this may sound silly, but Cheryl knows how "out of the loop" Mike's family can leave everyone -- she and D had prior experience with this).
ANYWAY, how far in advance should these be mailed?  All of the plan have been made, so it's really just a proper timing issue at this point.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image182 invited
image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
image51 will miss out a beary good time
[RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invites

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is silly at all.  I think it is actually a nice touch.

We sent ours out about a month ahead of time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours exactly 4 weeks ahead of time.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent mine the same day I sent the invites (in seperate envelopes) because I knew people were booking hotels and needed to book the night before. If everyone was local then I would have sent it out a month out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um Mish I did mine like 2 weeks tops, and to be honest if it wasn't for some of his not so internet savvy family I would have done invites :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats suppose to be evites LOL not invites
  • Options
    edited December 2011

this may be a silly question (i'm about ready to order my invites) and i was wondering do you send one to all of your OOT guests and the extra people you want at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding party?? i've been in a few weddings and it was strictly BP and parents only at the rehearsal dinner so it was just understood that we'd be going to the dinner. i like the idea of not keeping the rehearsal dinner to specific people. or....can you just do it word of mouth? sorry to butt in on your post..

oh and do you send an rsvp with a reply envelope or just a call and let us know kind of thing..

maybe i should have posted this on the paper board.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to butt in on the thread, but are you and Cheryl related in some way or just really close friends?  You both refer to one another a lot on the board and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know the relationship between you, haha. 
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When i was an OOT guest, I only got word of mouth as my invitation to rehearsal dinners.  I think invitations are always a nice thing to do, and really help lessen the stress of communicating to many people the same message over the phone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_rehearsal-dinner-invites-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:036b1880-521b-41a3-ba87-b0882eb48e2bPost:d475e355-200a-413c-b0ee-9491e8db338f">Re: Rehearsal Dinner Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to butt in on the thread, but are you and Cheryl related in some way or just really close friends?  You both refer to one another a lot on the board and I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know the relationship between you, haha. 
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, sorry. Her husband is best friends with my FI and my FI's twin brother.  In fact, my FMIL speaks about cheryl's husband as if he wee her actual son.  Cheryl and I became friends pre-knot through our wonderful significant others....:)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OHHHHHHHHH!!!  Gotcha!!!  Thanks for explaining! haha  I don't feel so out of the loop anymore!
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out a month ahead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We just sent ours Monday for a June 12 wedding. We sent to BP, immediate family and all OOT guests that flew in from London. I think our total came out to about 40 people. A bit more than I wanted, but FI was really adamant about wanting to include all his friends that are making the effort to fly over from the UK. We didn't do an rsvp, we just wrote "Regrets only" and left it at that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards