New Jersey
Options

Bergen County Novemmber Wedding

Hi everyone.
I've been lurking for a while. :)  I'm looking at Seasons for a Nov '10 wedding. Yay! (My FI's second wedding, my first)  The reception is more than I had initially planned for and now I'm on a really (squeeze) tight budget as far as flowers, DJ and photog. (Plus favors, etc, etc.)  If anyone has some good advice for cheap but elegant and right for a 40+ first time bride I would really appreciate it.  Barb

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bergen County Novemmber Wedding

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratulations!  I don't have specific advice for you regarding vendors, but thing because you're a newbie... You may want to change your username to something that isn't your email address (and that also isn't your real name).  Vendors lurk here too and collect email addresses to spam people -- so you may start getting a lot of unwanted emails. 

Also, "fabulous" can definitely be had on a budget.  You may want to check out weddingbee.com.  It is a great blog with some do-it-yourself and budget-oriented advice.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm not much help on DJ's but Angela Pilat photography is amazing she did my b-pics and I loved her!!! She made me so comfortable and her prices are reasonable.
  • Options
    LeandraCatLeandraCat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Seasons in April of 2005! We used Crest Florist, who did an amazing job! Our flower budget was less than $3000 and what we got was just beautiful! Talk to Matt, if you end up calling Crest Florist. He's awesome!!!!
    You will love Seasons, they made our Wedding perfect in every way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think favors are an area where you can really save; in fact, it IS ok etiquette-wise to skip them altogether. Another idea (some people don't care for; I think it's nice) is making a donation you're comfortable with to a charity that you & your FI care about in lieu of favors.

I would check etsy.com for some possibly very good deals on invitations (in addition to looking at other websites).

As far as flowers, people have raved about how budget-friendly & good AW Flowers in Kearny (right over the North Arlington border) is. Pick in-season flowers, of course or ones that are less costly per stem (though a good florist will advise you well!)  & small bouquwets (a "posy") can look very elegant. They don't have to be huge & expensive! :)

Non-floral centerpieces like varying-height candles & (perhaps a few scattered petals) are an option.

Happy planning! You can do it :)
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to rec my florist, Laurelwood Designs.  She's literally down the road from Seasons, and she's awesome.  She'll work with your budget, and can definitely make your CPs/bouquets/etc beautiful.  Her and her assistant are very nice, easy to talk to, and very quick on getting back to you.

If you google her, her website is online.

Like pp said, if you want to save on one area, favors are definitely it.
  • Options
    berbmberbm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great advice everyone!  I'll keep you posted. :)
    PS you can't change your username once you've created it.  :(  I should have read the instructions, D'oh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards