New Jersey
Options

Bridesmaids Dresses

Hi Ladies,

I've been on the boards for a while now, but have been lurking since the new format came along. Quick question for all of you... My bridesmaids and I will be going out on Saturday to finally search for their dresses. I live in Hillsborough, and the two stores i have heard the most about/who have the biggest selection are:

- Nonchalance in Morristown
- Dolores Bridal in Edison

Does anyone have any experience with either store, or any other suggestions? The two things we are most concerned with are price and large selection.

TIA :)

Live A Little ~ Love A Lot

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nonchalance gets generally good reviews. I bought a BM there in the past and everything was great.

I don't know about the other ;-)
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dream Dresses in Old Bridge has a pretty big selection.  My mother and FMIL just got both their dresses there and it seemed like they had a lot of BM dresses
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nonchalance has a pretty good selection in a wide range of prices.  The only thing I found is that it gets very crowded on the weekends.  I went in with two of my bridesmaids and we had to wait about 20 minutes for the other groups to finish using the fitting rooms. We went on a Saturday afternoon so it may have been the worst time for it. 

Since you're in Hillsborough I'm not sure if this is close for you but we also went to Jefre's bridal on 22 in Green Brook.  The selection isn't as great (but they still have a handful) and I've had a hit and miss with the sales staff  but they do have a handful of bridesmaid's dresses so it may have something you're looking for.  In my experience the place with the largest selection is RK Bridal in NYC.  We went there first to narrow down exactly what we were looking for since they had quite a bit.
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    edited December 2011
    Try macy's in menlo park mall. they have a good selection and they are bigger store so u can see the dresses better. Delores is a small shop, but does have a bunch of dresses.
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    edited December 2011
    Warning on the Macy's: ALL bridesmaids dresses start at $140 at the Menlo Park location.

If budget is a concern, they might not be your place.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a very bad experience at Dolores- I went there looking for bridal gowns and the woman basically said here's the rack go to town. The dresses were SO dirty (make-up stains everywhere, sweat marks, dirt, grung, etc) and the fitting rooms were very dirty as well. I would not recommend them.

I suggest either going to Macy's to try on a good selection- and then shopping around for a better price (which you can easily beat their prices at most other bridal salons). They will try to give you the hard sell at Macy's though in my experience. Cinderella Bridal in Matawan is also good for a big selection.

I highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth.
    http://hollywoodbridal.net/index.htm
    They have a huge selection, are very helpful, clean store, and the alterations are included in the prices.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridesmaids-dresses-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:0585f1e4-8a1a-4da6-90c8-748af25d0286Post:2ec91fd7-e6c6-4471-a1ff-ff6eed0871e3">Re: Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth. <a href="http://hollywoodbridal.net/index.htm" rel="nofollow">http://hollywoodbridal.net/index.htm</a> They have a huge selection, are very helpful, clean store, and the alterations are included in the prices.
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]
    I have said this plenty of times, but I can't say enough good things about Hollywood. Huge selection, nice and clean, and the staff is SO helpful and accommodating.

I was there last weekend to get measured for my cousin's wedding which is in September. While we were there, my 2 cousins had to get fitted for their dresses for MY wedding- but hadn't made an appointment (my fault for not letting them know in advance). This was Saturday afternoon at 12:30 and the store was pretty crowded, but they still did the fitting for the girls.

Dolores Bridal is very small and yes the dresses were very dirty. The store is very old and while the woman working (owner maybe?) was very nice to us, I didn't get a good feeling about the store.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dolores' prices are considerably higher than others.  I checked there and my girls dresses were $25 more- if you want a place with a good selection and good prices try Russells in Linden.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards