New Jersey
Options

Nestie Needs your help

Hi Everyone! My cousin just got engaged and I'm doing some research for her.
Just curious to see how much you guys are paying per plate at your reception venues. I'm sure all the prices have changed since I was planning my wedding two years ago.
Thanks!
image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nestie Needs your help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Before tax and tip, we paid $100pp for a saturday night in early November at the Atrium in West Orange.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Before tax and tip we paid 64.95, but it has since gone up to I believe 69.95.  This was only good for January, February and March.  They have completely revamped this package though from when we had it.   Our venue was The Mill at Spring Lake Heights.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am paying $85/head before tax and tip at the bridgewater manor, but I have heard they have upped their prices since I booked with them a year and a half ago.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    $80pp for a Saturday night in April at The Tides, before tax & tip.
  • Options
    MelissaSusMelissaSus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im booked for March at Bridgewater Manor for a saturday night they have packages that go from 70 pp - 120pp before tax and 7% gratuity for a saturday night. I think it goes up by 10 pp from may-november.
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to figure out our base price before any changes/additions.  We were originally doing a March 2010 wedding at Florentine Gardens on a Friday night which would have been 135pp before tax and gratuity.  But we switched to January and I'm pretty sure the base price was about 125pp before tax and gratuity for a Friday night.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would maybe ask this as a clicky poll?  People will be more candid -- right now you're only getting the answers of those who are comfortable putting it out there.

But really, what other people pay is irrelevant -- what matters is what she wants to pay.

FWIW, my venue had gone up about 20% between when we booked and when someone was looking into it for spring 2009.  But it was not a venue that negotiated or cared all that much about wedding revenues because that isn't its principal business, so it may be atypical.  I'm sure some venues have stayed pretty steady price-wise because of the recession and decreased business.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was 86 a person before tax and tip on a Friday in November, but I booked a) in 2008 and b) when the venue was under construction.  Not sure what the price is now.

I agree with Uppereast, some people do not want to be this out there with this question because they feel weird about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got married on a Saturday night in May at Battleground CC and paid $145/pp (inc of tax and tip).  But, they have new owners since my wedding (a month later), so I don't know what has happened to pricing since then, I do know that the restaurant prices have gone up. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

August 28 2010 wedding it's a Saturday Night, $135 pp before tax and gratuity. This includes champagne and fruit before ceremony and cake. Perona Farms Andover NJ

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a Saturday night in July The Primavera's packages range from 127 -147 before tax and gratuity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards