New Jersey
Options

F/U to well.. my life

So, i've officially moved back home.  He refuses to take any part in making things better.  I explained while I hadn't been perfect by any means, that his absolute lack to admit to himself that things werent the happiest with us was killing US.

I told him what I needed from the relationship and that I didn't want to be the girl who realizes it way too late.  Right now, I'm working on bettering myself,  if he is in my future... only time will tell.  It's been rough, i'm centering myself around some amazing friends, busy christmastime-ness and some good cookies.

Thanks girls for the advice you gave me. I will still be around a little bit, as my friends getting married soon, but not as an engaged girl sadly :(

Re: F/U to well.. my life

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry.  I think it is much better that you figured this out now instead of later.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I missed the original post. But I'm sorry to hear about this, but happy to hear you've got some great friends to surround yourself with!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry :(

But I'm also glad that you're taking the steps to get away from a bad situation. I'm sure that you'll be able to look back on this in a while and be glad you did it ... like you said, it's better to bail out now than to realize after your marriage that it was a mistake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear the news but as Tiff has mentioned it is better than you realized this now then later.  While I know it can not be easy over time things will get better.  What's meant to be will be and only time will tell 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am so sorry to hear this too, but you made a courageous decision that is better for yourself. You should be proud of yourself, because many people are not strong enough to do something like this. I give you a TON of credit. Hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_fu-well-life?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:077b9dc6-2219-4b50-9d25-1d10c7c5684bPost:0594225f-4be3-4d17-8416-d9b7876ed565">Re: F/U to well.. my life</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so sorry to hear this too, but you made a courageous decision that is better for yourself. You should be proud of yourself, because many people are not strong enough to do something like this. I give you a TON of credit. Hugs!
    Posted by Kvarrone[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally agree with this!  I give you a lot of credit for having the strength to make a difficult decision.  Best of luck!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm so sorry to hear this. i agree with everyone's posts and you're a strong girl and i'm sure things will work out for the best
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You made a very tough decision and I think it was for the better - and I think you feel that way too. It may not seem like it right now, but in the end, it was for the best. Focus on getting back to being you and being happy. I'm sorry things didn't work out. Remember when one door closes another will open.
  • Options
    Manda724Manda724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im sorry. i also didn't see the first post. my fi and i got into a fight a few weeks ago and my mom said its better to break it off before the wedding and she didn't care about the loss of the deposits if it meant my happiness.

I hope it all will work out bc you deserve to be happy. :)
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    Manda- did you work out your fight?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    melissamchiumelissamchiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm truly to sorry to hear you're going through this.  But, you are obviously a very strong, brave and smart girl - so things will eventually work out.  Great family and friends are the best!
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    sorry girl but like tiff said better now than later... you know what is best for YOU, and it's great you are thinking for yourself and putting yourself first.  things work out for a reason, even if getting to that reason or knowing why totally sucks.  GL and stick around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    so sorry :(  but i'm glad you realized it.  most girls would just stick with it because it's the easier thing to do at the time.  I hope things get better!!!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry you are going through this, but I have faith that with a little time you will be able to see what a great decision this was for you and your life.  It takes a great deal of strength to break the status quo and get away from such a bad situation.  I know its cheesy but time will heal you and you will be so much happier in the end.

HELLO to your life!
  • Options
    viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that you are going through this but at least you have a strong support network.  I agree with PP, at least you found out now and not later on.  Stay strong and focus on yourself, things always work out for the best.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry, I'm sure my comment seems odd.  For some reason I remembered reading your post title as "farewell" and not "follow up"... I'm a doof!!  Hang in there, this will be the roughest part but you can definitely get through it
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It takes a strong woman to walk away from a relationship, but I guarantee your future will be better for it , whether it be with him or someone else.  I wish you the best and I hope that you have as easy of a time as possible during all this -

• Options
    edited December 2011
    TY ladies.  Honestly with the holiday insanity i'm going to be so busy.  It's nice to know that i didn't just "suck it up" and go through with something I wasn't happy with.. for the sake of just being married. 

Now, let's find myself a nice single guy... kidding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister went through with a marriage she was unsure of. But the plans had been made and she kept her uncertainties to herself. The marriage was a disaster from the start and no one knew. She spent a lot of her honeymoon in tears. And between the engagement period being unhappy, the marriage being unhappy, and the divorce proceedings, she lost years of her life. She always thought he would change. But people are who they are. I wish my sister could have walked away when she knew it wasn't right. (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards