New Jersey
Options

Another registry question

How do you know how much to register for?  I'm worried that I might be putting too many thing on there, though I know it's better to put too much than too little.
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
image182 invited
image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
image51 will miss out a beary good time
[RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]

Re: Another registry question

• Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would register for what you need and what you want.  There is no limit nor is there a sign that says your guests have to buy everything on it.  Having more IMO will give them a variety.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know on Macy's registry online, they make suggestions based on the number of people you're inviting to your wedding. They will suggest how many of each thing you should have in each price range. I felt like I had too much $200+ (went a little crazy registering for All Clad), but apparently I don't have enough. But keep in mind this is assuming that Macy's is your only registry, we also have one at BBB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I apparently had too much, but according to Macy's guidelines I had too little.  Just put what you really want - It will probably be enough in the end.   I just would be careful not to put random items just to fill up the registry, because you might get that instead of what you really want.

I actually didn't get one piece of my China set :(  I screwed up with the way I set it up on my registry (i did per plate instead of entire set)  Turns out they wouldn't ship until after my wedding which I am sure deterred people.

Put a dysen on ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hahahaha, it's funny you say that Kristen.  I ran right over to the Dyson Animal at BB&B yesterday and definitely thought of you as I was scanning it. ;)

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there is a limit or a max. I had the same question when we registered. I kind of just went through and did everything we needed and made sure there were different price points as well. The girl at BBB said that some people like to put together gifts for you like dish towels and utinsels and stuff rather than buying one larger item so don't forget the little things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards