New Jersey
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Food Genre?

Anyone do Thai for their rehearsal dinner?? I loove it, but think not everyone attending the rehearsal would like it. Thoughts?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Food Genre?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd stick with something everyone can enjoy. I like thai but it can make me feel crappy the next day (not what you want before a wedding). I wanted to do sushi/hibachi, but I know not everyone is into that so we are just doing it at a restaurant that serves standard dishes (however all diff. from stuff served at the wedding).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a nice Chinese/ Cantonese restaurant. At first I thought this might be a strange choice but I really don't care. It's one of our favorite restaurants.

I LOVE Thai... and would have loved to do that as well but our favorite Thai restaurant is about 30 mins from our church so it just wasn't convenient. As long as your guests don't order spicy dishes I'm sure it will be fine :)
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing Thai!!! Its delicious!  We are offering the common "Pad Thai" to more unusual spicey dishes...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love thai!  I think your guests will be able to find something on the menu to enjoy.  I agree with the above comment though - you don't want to feel uncomfortable the next day.  Make sure you order something that is "safe" for you and try it out beforehand.  Thats what I would do - I'm not taking chances!
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We went to a pizza place. We were considering a Chinese restaurant, and while I think everyone on our guest list would've found something to eat, pizza seemed "safer."

Thai is a good idea if everyone can find something to eat. Otherwise I would try something else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal dinner at an Italian Restaurant.  It winds up being a five course meal and I've warned everyone to come hungry!!  We have about 45 people for the rehearsal dinner.  It's two nights before the wedding - it's almost a mini-wedding!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love love love Thai -  that said, alot of people might be shy around it. How are your family/friends? Are they adventurous?  We are doing kinda a beach BBQ  - simple things like burgers/hot dogs and then nicer things like lobster/steak.
    Since it's the night before our wedding we don't want to be too adventurous in the food choices and then not feel so hot the next days.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at our favorite Spanish/Portuguese restaurant a week before the wedding, we're making sure there are several items for the guests to choose like seafood, steak, chicken and a vegetarian option. Thai is delicious but not everyone can eat spice and some people might not know what they're ordering, just make sure that the choices are explained and that the chef can adjust the heat accordingly.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think Thai is tricky because many people don't like the peanut sauces that are typically used, not to mention peanut allergies if there are children involved.
    Anniversary Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards