New Jersey
Options

Rehearsal Dinner and Vendors

I have 2 question no related at all -

1. For the rehearsal dinner did you get a cake. Our place is supplying cookies, coffee and some pastries I think. My first thought was to get a cake as well  but not sure if it is necessary. What did you do?

2. Did you include all vendors in your final count for the venue? we only had 1 vendor (the photographer) put in the contract that we had to provide a meal for them. Do you automatically include all vendors or did you ask each one? I originally was including all of them, but I dont want to be paying for all of them if they all don't eat.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner and Vendors

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. We've debated this issue as well. Our place includes either a cannoli or tartufo for dessert so I think we may just stick with that. I don't need our guests overeating and getting sick the night before the wedding. I had thought of doing a "groom's cake" for the rehersal though but haven't decided.

2. We're only including the vendors who said they wanted/require a meal. Our DJ for instance said he always eats at home before weddings- "I can't live off of banquet food all my life." The photographer is different since he/she is there the entire day with you opposed to a DJ who is usually only 4-5 hours. Just confirm with each vendor before giving any counts to your hall. And also ask if they have vendor meals instead of the regular meal- I know ours does and it's a big savings.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Rehearsal Dinner is at a Thai restaurant, so Im going to bring cupcakes....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do a cake because there were pastries included with our package (ours was at Calandra's). 

We included a meal for all our vendors.  But we came in under the minimum and they allowed us to count them towards the minimum rather than pay even more on top of it for vendor meals.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Partymixx27Partymixx27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Our RD place did cookies and pastries and mini-cakes as dessert, and that was fine.  A lot of people like a little something to satisfy thier sweet tooth.  A cake is nice, but certainly not necessary.

2.  Our venue didn't include vendors in the final number at all.  We had a DJ, photographer, and 2 videographers, and we had to buy separate, half price meals for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting vendor meals for our:
    DJs/Candid Photog/Photographer/Videographer

It is only like $30/pp for their meals and feel weather they requested it or not, they deserve to have the option to eat something! It's gonna be a long night!

As for the rehearsal, a dessert is nice, cake is not necessary.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    1. We brought in cupcakes from a place that I love. We had pizza and bar food appetizers instead of a sit-down dinner, so it wasn't like we had a set meal plan with a set dessert. If we didn't bring the cupcakes, I either would've gotten a simple cake from a local bakery/supermarket, or I would've asked the restaurant if they had house desserts that people could pick from.

2. The only vendors we had at the reception were the photographer and the DJ, and their contracts didn't mention dinner, so I asked them. The photographer said yes, and the DJ said it wasn't a big deal so I said he could ask the staff for dinner if he wanted it. We ended up about 5 people under the minimum so it was already paid for anyway. (We had a second shooter and I think she had some cocktail hour appetizers, since she was leaving before dinner would be served.)
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours included some sort of dessert strangly enough I can't remember and it wasn't even a month ago. So no we didn't do a cake. I didn't think it was necessary.

We asked all of our vendors if they wanted a meal or not. We ended up feeding everyone.
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We didn't bring a cake.  Our rehearsal dinner was at Bensi and in the package they included dessert.  Everyone had a choice between chocolate cake, key lime ice cream pie and tiramisu.

We didn't have to include the photographer and DJ in the final count.  Our reception hall already knew to provide meals for our vendors.

• Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Can I ask how much Bensi charged per person?

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  We didn't have cake -- we saved that for the next day.  Dessert was cookies and things, and gelato.

2.  We provided meals for all vendors who would be there at the time of the meal.  That was the two photographers + their assistant, the two videographers, and the DJ.  We didn't include people like the florist + her assistants (they were long gone)  They did not go in our normal headcount though because we were charged a different price for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards